2009 Versa Hatchback 1.8 - Negative Battery Cable Routing

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
cmayo
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback, 1.8 L engine. 6-speed manual transmission.

I'm trying to run down a battery problem (battery is good and is fully charged, posts are clean, but car won't crank without a jump), and I'm kinda wondering about a grounding issue. The lug on my negative cable (highlighted in green on the diagram) that's supposed to go "TO BODY EARTH" is hanging loose, while the lug going "TO ENGINE EARTH" is bolted to the frame.

I can't make head or tail of the FSM, nor can I locate any diagrams that tell me where/what on the actual vehicle the two lugs on the negative cable should be grounded to. Does anyone happen to know what those lugs should actually be bolted to?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

From the top view there it looks like the engine ground should be under battery there. Maybe on trans case...........doesn't matter, you can put that anywhere as long as it is a substantial location on motor or trans.

'Body earth' IS the frame..........................

cmayo
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback, 1.8 L engine. 6-speed manual transmission.

Thanks, AMC. I'm pretty sure the middle lug is the body ground and that I've located where it goes (image).

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

X2, you can see the impression the plate made before.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”