2009 Versa Hatch door won't unlock

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
skwerlgyrl
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback

Hey there, newbie here, with a question.

My 2009 Nissan Versa Hatch seems to run fine, but recently, out of nowhere, the hatch door will not open / unlock.

Is there a fuse that could have burned out, or wiring, etc?

I have an aftermarket keyless entry system installed. Only the driver's door has a key lock. The other doors have no external locks, only internal. Including the hatchback door.

Thanks.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi SkwerlGyrl, sorry for the delayed reply. Welcome to NICO Club!

Are you still needing help with the lock? Are you using the manual latch on the inside to open and close your hatch? Have you played with the switch next to the latch?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

The problem can be either mechanical or electrical, you have to figure out which. Often if you can get it open once simply squirting some white spray grease up into the latch parts and working it again several times makes a sticking one from dried up grease go back to working 100%. Some designs though compartmentalize that stuff and then you are stuck taking apart latches that were never meant to be disassembled at all to be able to lube the critical parts. I got to be an expert on Fords at it at $150 a pop for free and now that I've switched to Nissan I expect I'll be doing the same there as well.

Cars, they just never stop breaking, do they?

Return to “Versa General Chat”