2009 SL AWD w/o paddles, low gear on shifter?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dwmacya
Car: roque

Is there anybody that can tell me if the 2009 SL with AWD and "without" the Premium Package has a low gear (L) position on the center gear shifter?

I am looking at buying a 2009 Roque SL AWD and am trying to decide if I want the premium package. Most things in that package I could care less about, the one thing I would use is the manual shift mode (via steering wheel paddles and paddles and center gear shifter. Do SL AWD models w/o the premium package have the ability to shift into low gear manually?? I have seen S and the FWD models that do but am unsure of the AWD models.

philipa_240sx

Non-paddle shifter equipped Rogues come with only one transmission shifter design. There are no differences between S, SL, FWD, AWD.

Shifter: P-R-N-D-L

There is also an 'overdrive on/off ' switch located on the side of the shifter.

Honestly, I rarely use low gear. It's not really a fixed ratio, it's actually a lower gear range... it varies from approx 1st gear up to 3rd gear depending on speed.

Overdrive OFF is the same deal, it will vary the ratio to keep the engine rpm's from going above 5000 rpms for engine safety reasons.

Return to “Rogue Forum”