2009 SCCA Runoffs T2 video

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
dmuramoto
Car: 350Z street, 350Z GT3 and T3 racecars, Versa HB and Infiniti G37xS sedan

Check out this video from the second place BMW Z4 M Coupe of Jason Ott. The leader is the Evo of Marty Grand, but watch the end of the video to see some remarkable reaction time and car control:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtM5cxkYzpU

dmuramoto

Here's another uTube video showing action from last years SCCA Runoffs. Good action sequence at the start. Notice the red Nissan Sport Project T2 350Z just ahead of John Baker's Daytona Blue Z and how he set me up for a nice pass going into T8 on the first lap. On the second lap, a WRX spun coming out of T3 and I saw an opportunity. I altered my turn-in point slightly and took a later apex through the turn. That put me back into the power, while John's Z was forced to scrub speed to avoid the Subaru. I caught the Z at about 128 MPH at the hard braking zone before T5 and made the pass stick. After that I managed to pull away, but not before the next lap when John tried an optimistic pass (also going into T5) and realized he wasn't going to make it. That's a good move on his part to back out of an ill-advised pass before he took BOTH our Nissans out of the fight!

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=iPOGmMx-TAc

n00b240
Car: '03 6MT

Some good stuff in this side of the forum. Thanks for all these hella interesting video posts

What happened to the Evo's wheel? what would make it come off like that?

dmuramoto

n00b240 wrote:Some good stuff in this side of the forum. Thanks for all these hella interesting video posts

What happened to the Evo's wheel? what would make it come off like that?
I've heard rumors that the Mitsubishi's hub fractured and resulted in the outer section rolling away with the wheel. Those type of stress failures are not uncommon in racing. Don't ask me how I know... :facepalm:

Thanks for the feedback. Did you like the second video of the 'spec 350Z' battle at the same race?

n00b240
Car: '03 6MT

I liked it alot, thanks for putting them up. I like seeing fights for position. Post kind of inspired me to look up GT racing at various levels. And most definitely ready the car for a tracktime event coming to texas in sept.

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”