2009 Rogue Update?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rider

Hey guys,

Very nice to have found this site! I am a potential Rogue buyer. I have test drove the Rogue several times and love it! I read a previous post about the 2009 Rogue. One poster said the 09 Rogue should be coming out in August or September. So we should be getting close! Anybody heard of any new updates as to what we can expect?? I figure I've waited this long. I might as well wait another month or two.

I know it won't be for 09, but I wonder if Nissan will eventually make a Hybrid version of this vehicle. That would sweet! I'll tell you what....the Escape Hybrid is hard to beat guys. I definitely like the look of the Rogue better....from the exterior to the interior, but it's hard to not take a long look at a Hybrid vehicle with the way gas prices are today. I'm assuming the CRV will go to Hybrid, as will the RAV 4, and evenutally the Rogue. I just don't see how they can't. But who knows when that would be? Or for that matter, if they even will.

After test driving the 08 Rogue, I would like to see on the 09's:1. Locking gas cap (on drivers side)2. Bigger or better view through the back window3. Automatic lights

Nav system to me isn't a big deal (heck, you can get Nav on your cell phone/Blackberry with turn-by-turn) these days. And I know a lot of people say Auto Climate control. Again, not a big deal to me. I have it on my 98 Accord, and it's nice. But again, not a big deal to me. Other than that, this vehicle is good to go! Can't wait to see what the 09's will offer!

Comments??

jhrain
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

1. Locking gas cap (on drivers side): This is an option avail through aftermarket (Nissan can get you one). Unless you are wanting a locking door that hides the Fuel cap.2. Bigger or better view through the back window: This would require a redesign. Probably won't happen for 4 years (depending on how the vehicle sells). We have had our Rogue for 2 months, reward visibility has honestly not been a problem. The Side Mirrors are large, so they really do a good job of compensating.3. Automatic lights: I miss this, and hope they add it.

Two I'd like to see added...

4. Auto Climate Control would be nice5. Rear Center Armrest

philipa_240sx

RE: Hybrid

Nissan currently licenses thier technology from Toyota. It's unclear how many units Nissan capable of building but it appears to be very limited. This may have to do with the limited supply of battery modules as Toyota is having the same issue with thier own hybrids. There are reports of 6 month + waiting lists for Toyota hybrids. We also do not know if the license has any restrictions.

All we do know is this is an interim solution as Nissan will be introducing it's own hybrid system sometime in 2010. I fully do not expect to see any other Nissan hybrids in 2009 save for the current Altima Hybrid. 2010 may bring other models.

I am quite pleased with my Rogue's fuel economy and routinely get 28+ mpg in real world driving. This is not far off from the Ford Escape hybrid 'published numbers'.

BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

3 words:Automatic Climate Control

rider

I hear ya Brian. Again for me, I currently have Auto Climate Control on my Accord, and sure, it's a nice feature, but just not a big deal to me. In fact, on the control panel there's something starting to digitally go wrong with it. So Auto Climate Control is just another thing that could eventually go wrong. But yea, a nice feature.

For all the Nissan fans out there, I saw a new Maxima on the road today. Wow! Very sharp!

roguemocker
Car: Nissan Rogue `08

Nissan is advertising their 09 Versa now, as well as the Maxima!! Maybe the Rogue is coming soon too....?

http://www.nissanusa.com/versa...dcn=1

Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

C'mon, Brian - you really want a Murano, don't you?
BrianV wrote:3 words:Automatic Climate Control

BrianV

Palmateer wrote:C'mon, Brian - you really want a Murano, don't you?
I used to, but now not so much. I'm actually not too much interested in any SUV anymore with the gas prices and long-term resale concerns. Less is more, and now I'm looking at other alternatives. The things that are most important are driver and passenger comfort and enough space for our crap. Most hatchbacks can give us everything we need and be "cheaper to own". My interest in what I drive is changing by the day.

At $40k, the Murano just doesn't bring a lot of value to us. At $26k, the Rogue is a hell of an automobile, but we're holding off now and waiting until something meets all of our needs.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I know what you mean. Sometimes it seems that a hatchback like the surprisingly roomy Versa might be a good answer, with a large rooftop cargo box to haul your crap...

Phil'sFrontier
Car: Nissan Frontier SE kc 4x4

kerrton wrote:I know what you mean. Sometimes it seems that a hatchback like the surprisingly roomy Versa might be a good answer, with a large rooftop cargo box to haul your crap...
yes however hauling a large rooftop cargo box will adversely affect gas mileage

BrianV

Phil’sFrontier wrote:yes however hauling a large rooftop cargo box will adversely affect gas mileage
Yeah but you only have the additional drag when you actually need to haul stuff, not every single day driving to work.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Brian,We currently own the Rogue(our large car). Just traded our '06 Azera for a new Scion tC Special Edition 4.0. The quality is there as is the boy racer looks. Might be worth a peak. This vehicle usually doesn't come to mind. However, forget the roof box. The roof is all glass!!
Modified by cdmuile at 9:18 PM 7/9/2008

BrianV

cdmuile wrote:Brian,We currently own the Rogue(our large car). Just traded our '06 Azera for a new Scion tC Special Edition 4.0. The quality is there as is the boy racer looks. Might be worth a peak. This vehicle usually doesn't come to mind. However, forget the roof box. The roof is all glass!!

Modified by cdmuile at 9:18 PM 7/9/2008
If we're replacing an SUV, it'd need to be a hatchback. The tC is just too small.

Return to “Rogue Forum”