2009 Rogue Transmission advice

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
g109rogue

Hi Friends:

I am new to our family, please accept my sincere apology if I am duplicating the topic.

I recently purchased a 09 Rogue SL AWD, very nice and clean car, fell in love with her immediately after I saw her.
Unfortunately, I am "suffering" most of the Rogue owners' problem - CVT........

The car drives fine for the 1st 10-15 minutes and then the engine speed starts to increase when I press the gas pedal, after 30 minutes, when the car is fully stopped, no engine reaction when pressing the gas, it takes 10-15 seconds for the car to start to move again (it happened during the traffic time, you guys can imagine the embarrassment I went thru................)

I went to different technicians, some said about the replacement of transmission and other said about adding cooling system.

Would you guys share your opinions, please? Thank you so much in advance.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

If you do not have a carfax history on the vehicle, I would strongly suggest you get one. Also have your local Nissan dealership provide you with a printout of the vehicle's service records.

The first thing you need to determine is whether the CVT is original or a replacement. Nissan had extended the warranty on those CVT's but I believe it has expired. If it's the original CVT, your best option is to replace it, as there are known issues that can only be resolved by replacing it. If that is a replacement CVT you'll need to verify if it's covered under an extended warranty. If not, again the best option is replacement.

I don't know if the 2009 SL's came with the auxiliary cooler like the later models, but even if it didn't have one I don't think it will solve your problems.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

FYI, 2009 year models has a 10yr/120,000 mile warranty on the cvt transmissions. :bigthumb:

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

g109rogue wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:57 am
Hi Friends:

I am new to our family, please accept my sincere apology if I am duplicating the topic.

I recently purchased a 09 Rogue SL AWD, very nice and clean car, fell in love with her immediately after I saw her.

I went to different technicians, some said about the replacement of transmission and other said about adding cooling system.
Since you have the SL AWD your transmission should of come with a trans cooler from the factory.

Return to “Rogue Forum”