2009 Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Phil'sFrontier
Car: Nissan Frontier SE kc 4x4

Being from northern Canada, as well as being standard equipment on my 06 Frontier(on all trim levels iirc); heated mirrors would be greatly appreciated!Also a back-up sensor would be a great added safety feature.

philipa_240sx

Heated mirrors, block heater, and low washer fluid indicator are standard equipment on all Rogues in Canada. We also get heated cloth seats on the basic SL trim with no options.

Read the US / Canada Rogue Model differences in the Rogue Glossary for more info:

zerothread/325256

Phil'sFrontier

Well that's music to my ears Phil! Thanks

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Yeah, it is really difficult to determine that you have the heated side mirrors, because there is not a seperate button for them, and no symbol on the mirror indicating that they are heated. But, if you turn on the rear window defroster, the side mirrors will get hot.... (for all of us with Canadian Rogues, that is!).

philipa_240sx

Since there is all this speculation about the 09's, here is a brief overview of what the Qashqai (the Rogue's elder twin in Europe) has that didn't make it to North America:

- Dual zone climate control air conditioning- Utrasonic alarm system- Ultrasonic rear park system- Rain-sensing wipers- Auto lighting system- Nissan CARWINGS Satellite navigation with rear view parking camera- Panoramic glass roof with one-touch shade. Yes, it's bigger than the North American versions.- Storage tray under front passenger seat- Sliding front armrest (centre console)- Rear centre armrest with cup holders- Selectable 2WD/Auto/AWD Lock- Electric folding mirrors.. for parking on Europe's narrow roads.- Glove box with A/C vent... doubles as a cooler.

And the Japanese version, the Dualis:

- Side view monitor. Provides a side view via camera. Not quite like Infiniti's around view.

Phil'sFrontier

kerrton wrote:Yeah, it is really difficult to determine that you have the heated side mirrors, because there is not a seperate button for them, and no symbol on the mirror indicating that they are heated. But, if you turn on the rear window defroster, the side mirrors will get hot.... (for all of us with Canadian Rogues, that is!).
Yeah, but I should have known because thats how it works on my Frontier(although I do have the symbol on the mirror).

Philip, I would be happy with just half those features you listed.

kerrton

So I found out from my buddy who is that parts guy at my Nissan dealership, and from several others on this forum, that the 09 Rogues have a completely different transmission than the 08's had. My 08 is getting the tranny replaced to address the rattling issue, and therefore will be getting the upgraded transmission to 2009 standards, but that sucks for all 08 owners who don't get the same benefit.

So anyway, this should be piece of mind for 2009 owners who might be wondering about the tranny rattling issue that some have expereinced, this shouldn't be a concern with the new updgraded design.

Also, the new consumer reports magazine was released, and the Rogue got a "recommended" rating, with predicted reliablility being rated as "above average". Still very happy with my purchase, considering the overpriced competitors.

kerrton

philipa_240sx wrote:Since there is all this speculation about the 09's, here is a brief overview of what the Qashqai (the Rogue's elder twin in Europe) has that didn't make it to North America:

- Dual zone climate control air conditioning- Utrasonic alarm system- Ultrasonic rear park system- Rain-sensing wipers- Auto lighting system- Nissan CARWINGS Satellite navigation with rear view parking camera- Panoramic glass roof with one-touch shade. Yes, it's bigger than the North American versions.- Storage tray under front passenger seat- Sliding front armrest (centre console)- Rear centre armrest with cup holders- Selectable 2WD/Auto/AWD Lock- Electric folding mirrors.. for parking on Europe's narrow roads.- Glove box with A/C vent... doubles as a cooler.

And the Japanese version, the Dualis:

- Side view monitor. Provides a side view via camera. Not quite like Infiniti's around view.
Man, I agree, you shouldn't tell us what we're missing because now that I know I'm kind of disappointed! I'd love to have rain sensing wipers, on long highway trips the constant adjustment of the speed setting is actually quite distracting, and if you've never had the sensors you wouldn't know how great they are, but my wife's Mazda has it and they're great. Also, the backup sensor would be a good fit with this vehicle because of limited rear visibility, and man would I ever love the center sliding console and of course the Rogue should have a rear center console, I still can't believe we don't have one of those!! Anyway, I still love the Rogue and they had to make compromises to achieve the great price, but just a couple more of these extras would've been such a good investment!!

But it makes you wonder, how do the economics differ in Europe that they can offer so many more wonderful extras, or do they have to pay a lot higher price than we pay here? But that can't be the whole story, because even in the most expensive options package in North America, these options aren't even available, which seems to indicate that it doesn't have to do with money. Anyway, I think they made a mistake not making some of those options available at least in some options package, if not standard.

philipa_240sx

I dunno, ask the Guru's at Nissan USA who 'seem' to think they know what consumers want.

Return to “Rogue Forum”