2009 rogue SL AWd door buttons and ingnition switch not detecting intellikey.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Freewheelin
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I recently bought a 2009 SL AWD with just 81000 miles on it. Loving it so far. It came with only one key fob which was working fine. Then it started not detecting the intellikey, so the outside door buttons don't respond and the ignition switch gives the red key light, so I have to use the key. I could still lock and unlock the car with the buttons on the remote. I put a new battery in the fob, didn't really help, it would work occasionally. I got a new fob and blank key, so i would have a spare, and took them to a locksmith. He successfully programed it, and the intellikey was working again, so i thought the old one was buggy, but now this one is doing the same thing. I am thinking the problem lies in the car itself. Maybe connection issues with BMC or Intellikey modules? Or maybe one of those modules going bad? I have done some searching on this forum, but haven't found a thread with this particular issue. And to clarify, the buttons on the remote still function properly, locking and unlocking car, it's just the intellikey feature not working.
All help appreciated, thank you.

Return to “Rogue Forum”