2009 Rogue needs tie rod ends, which brands do you like?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Hey all,

Still have the 2009 Rogue, have about 113,500 on the clock. Would like a new car, but at these prices the last couple years that's a hard no.

I got my 2 front tires patched and it looked like they just ugga dugga the nuts back on. Got it on the jack and took the wheels off to torque them correctly. Noticed my drivers side tie rod is really smoked.

Maybe this is why when driving up about 6 levels in a parking garage my tires have started to squeal when turning and going up the ramp.

Anyway, has anyone changed their outer tie rods? I did a search and weirdly enough no results with "tie rod".

If you did what brand did you use and how long has it lasted? Was looking at either the Moog MOOG ES800582 or Mevotech TXMS30620 (which seems to be the same as the Napa TTX).

Don't really want to have to change this out 6 months later because after market stuff usually sucks. Then I would have to get an alignment again.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nis ... d+end,7428

Thanks

macgiver

That "premium" Mevotech is fine , has the grease fitting .I put Mevotech in my car 6 months ago , they drive a 'solid' front end steering feel.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

darylzero wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:17 am
Hey all,

Still have the 2009 Rogue, have about 113,500 ….
Hi guys,

Fun fact - my 2009 rogue has 114,550 miles.
Will drive this to the ground for another 100k hopefully. Runs smooth to this day on the original cvt. Pretty lucky in the cvt lottery so far. :woot:

darylzero

macgiver wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:02 am
That "premium" Mevotech is fine , has the grease fitting .I put Mevotech in my car 6 months ago , they drive a 'solid' front end steering feel.
Nice, thanks for the review.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I have a complete front end kit from Mevotech ordered on Rockauto, on my 2008 Pathfinder for past 2.7 yrs now.
It included a lot of parts, including tie rod ends, control arms both left and right, both upper and lower.
Did new springs and struts from Moog up front at same time.
Also did the rear end, even though there was no kit for it ( control arms upper+ lower left and right springs, springs from Moog, shocks, bushings)

really cleaned up the driving feel of the car, made it feel like brand new off a dealer lot

Now after 2.7 yrs it still drives great, no issues. I do on rare occasion rear a slight squeek when slowly going over major bumps though. Maybe one of the bushings aging?

glaze182
Car: 2009 Rogue

I installed AC Delco daily driver tie rods on my 2009 Rogue. Still solid after four years. Look for the limited Lifetime warranty parts, stay away from the twelve monthe warranty stuff unless you want to replace every thirteen months. I went through MOOG control arms every two or three years until I got smart and bought the AC Delco pros with lifetime warranty, the Moogs were only 36 month warranty, and that is all they lasted. The Delco control arms are still solid after four years, the ball joints on the Moog control arms were shot after two or three years.

macgiver

I believe glaze is most correct on AC Delco , they're maybe 50% - 70% more than the the better brands , but geeez that jump in price is ABSOLUTELY worth the quality ( Delphi too! ) I was surprised initially seeing all the applications/Brands they 'fill' too.
My car has 285,000 ++ miles , darylzero mentioned the 'premium' Mevotech ( I myself used ), those ARE fine - BUT your NOT, in my opinion too, gonna get better (regular parts) than AC Delco , ya .

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I put moog on my 09 Altima and drove it probably 20k before my 16 yr old got the car. I just drove it the other day, he’s put 25k on it and it drove really nice. Much better than I expected. What’s most shocking of all is the Michelin defenders are still at 6/32 at almost 50k.

darylzero

I decided on the Moog since Amazon had them. Installed them the other day and the steering is so much better now. We'll see how they hold up.

Return to “Rogue Forum”