2009 Nissan Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tpoo
Car: Nissan Rogue

Does anyone know when the 2009's are coming out?

dmw98path
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Nissannews says it went on sale 25th of July. Dealers tell me they won't see it until September/October. The 2008 production is complete (I guess last month or June). The other thing is the cost went up.

Seems like no new additions except auto door locks. Just more features added to models without jumping to the "premium" package it seems.

-dan

philipa_240sx

Welcome tpoo,

Here is my earlier post showing the changes for '09

zerothread/351228

Nissan states the new model should go on sale in August 2008. But I agree with dmw98path that you may not see it on dealer lots for another month or two.

charrua
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Any insight on the rebates/discounts for the 2008 Rogues once the 2009's are available?

Currently their offering a $500 rebate but some of the other 2008 models have up to a $3000 cash back offer since they released the 2009 models.

I'm looking to get a sweet deal on an '08.

ilinimud

Wow the 2009 Rogues are going up in MSRP to 20,220 from 19,430. This is going to keep me from waiting on the 09' Model. I have always said i will never buy a first year model of anything, but these 08's seem to be doing pretty good.

I get 4.3% below Dealer Invoice on Nissan through my employer, and i cant justify the extra grand on what will basically be a carryover model. I know they will be working some of the bugs out with the new model year, but their doesnt seem to be many there.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to wait for the 09's?

Phil'sFrontier
Car: Nissan Frontier SE kc 4x4

We are waiting for an 09...

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

ilinimud wrote:Wow the 2009 Rogues are going up in MSRP to 20,220 from 19,430. This is going to keep me from waiting on the 09' Model. I have always said i will never buy a first year model of anything, but these 08's seem to be doing pretty good.

I get 4.3% below Dealer Invoice on Nissan through my employer, and i cant justify the extra grand on what will basically be a carryover model. I know they will be working some of the bugs out with the new model year, but their doesnt seem to be many there.

Do you want or need AWD? How many options do you want? Big factors in wether or not to get an 08 or an 09?

ilinimud

I want the base S model with no options.....lol

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

ilinimud wrote:I want the base S model with no options.....lol
The reason I ask is with the 08s if you wanted intellikey, bluetooth, or leather you had to get AWD. This will not be the case with the 2009 Rogues. Of course you already new that I guess.

ilinimud

Yeah, all i wanted was a 4 door car that had auto windows and locks, keyless entry, and enough room for 2 people and a car seat. I originally wanted the Versa, but decided to step up to the Rogue.

The only reason i would be waiting for an 09' is to see if they fix some of the small growing pains most 1st year cars gave, and the biggest problems i see (paint coming off door sills, and the supposed CVT shudder) I also hear the CVT thing doesnt happen on the FWD models, but i also hear that it isnt all that common or noticeable. I guess i wont know that until i put some miles on one.

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

ilinimud wrote:Wow the 2009 Rogues are going up in MSRP to 20,220 from 19,430. This is going to keep me from waiting on the 09' Model. I have always said i will never buy a first year model of anything, but these 08's seem to be doing pretty good.

GET A 08 NOW.. deck it with a Prem package and moonroof.. get everthing else aftermarket.. including a gentex autodim mirror with compass...At 4.3% under you can't go wrong..you'll have only 22.k5 in it.. my own dealer is selling 500 dollars under invoice..throws in mats, a wind deflector, plus a tank of gas.

Or you can wait a month and pay $1150 or so more!!!! with no appreciable vehicle changes..

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

The only downside is the resale value as you will resale an 08 model and not an 09 model.

But if you plan to keep the car for more than 6-7 years, you won't see the difference at the end.

I am like mstrmstr, if you already have everything you need in the 08 model, get it. Within a month or two, when the dealer will want to clean his inventory to be able to start selling the 09 models, you should be able to get a good pricing on one. If you can, go at your dealer some time to time and check how is his inventory, if he is becoming low, it is time to buy.

ilinimud

Yeah, i can see no reason to wait after thinking more about it. I could have one as early as this weekend. With my employer discount i am limited to whatever Nissan tells him to charge me. I get the factory rebate, and the 4.3% below invoice. I think that will be the cheapest i can possibly get it, im pretty sure he wont be giving any extra rebates to me...lol

solo2

Well this past Saturday ordered a '09, it turns out to be $25,750.18 for the '09 Rogue SL AWL, 77519 (No MoonRoof) including destination charges with the following option codes:Color: QX1-K White, Phantom with gray interiorX01 Leather PackageP02 Premium PackageF94 Bumper ProtectorL92 Floor Mats B10 Mud GuardsU94 Navigation System, Portable

At invoice would have been $26,488 So I purchased this '09 well below invoice.Delivery date is August 25th.

rider

Good to know. Thanks. Please repost when you get your Rogue to let us know how it is. I know very minor changes for '09, but I'm still curious as to what people think of the '09's.

Thanks

Return to “Rogue Forum”