2009 Nissan Rogue misfires today.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

So after leaving the Burger King Drive thru, my Rogue started shuddering badly and made a loud clacking noise whenever I accelerated.

The check engine light was flashing off and on as if trying to determine what was going on. So after I got home, I started driving in my neighborhood until the check engine light remained on.

Finally, my cheap gps Garmin diagnostics showed a P0304 code showing up.

Cool, I been through this with cylinder one a few years ago and got all new coils back then too. Initially, I replaced all my spark plugs mid way thru ownership to be proactive to prevent future problems.

In reality I probably changed them too early. So presumably some of these spark plugs are going bad since I’m nearly running on 13 yrs and nearly 110k miles.

So I took one of my 3 old oem spark plugs I kept in the drawer and sprayed some throttle cleaner to remove some of the carbon. Placed some dielectric grease on the coil. Boom done!

While in there, I also replaced the pcv valve.

Now my Rogue is driving smooth like butter again. It’s a great feeling to fix something in 30-45 minutes and probably save over $500 instead of going to the dealership.

But I still love going to a Nissan dealership if the work is too backbreaking for me, or I’m too lazy, or the convenience of it all.

But it’s so satisfying for us commoner’s to fix our vehicles unlike before the internet where growing up I wouldn’t know what a misfire let alone being able to change a spark plug before the World Wide Web. Compuserve anyone?

Well anyways, it’s great we can still work on these old school cars before everything becomes electric and regular people will get clueless again. :gotme

Ps- I also kept my 3 remaining old oem coils as back up too. :mike

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Forgot to mention that I poured some BG44K System Fuel Cleaner. I know it works because it usually helps show ALL my fuel orange bars when my tank is full. Before that, I nearly had a decade of that missing first top orange bar.

I usually use that with the ever reliable Techron bottles. :domo:

Return to “Rogue Forum”