2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Problem

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
JLWoods
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid

My Nissan Hybrid has 108,000 miles on it. While driving last week I pressed on the gas the car started shuttering. Let off the gas the shuttering stopped. After 3 times of this the car lost all power and continued for another couple hundred yards under the EV mode. Was able to start the car again in which the car drove for approximately 50 feet in EV mode and died. Was unable to start again. Had it towed to a mechanic who said he more then likely thought it was the coils. We then had it towed to a Nissan dealership who said the transmission, gas motor, hybrid battery, and cadillac converter were all blown. There were 2 codes the mechanic came back with which was the one that shows the coils as being bad and a C1259 code. Can anyone give me any advice on what could be the problem. We are leaning towards replacing the 12V battery and the coils as of now. We are having it towed to our home to make these repairs. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum

JLWoods
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid

Update on my Nissan Hybrid problem...
After fighting with Nissan over this and them wanting $500 just to diagnose the actual problem rather then give us a bunch of assumptions like they did we had the car towed back to our home and we replaced the 12V battery after having it tested and realizing it was not holding a charge. This did not fix our issue so we took the car back to the mechanic that first looked at it. The very next day we were called and told a coil was bad so they changed the bad coil and it runs like a charm. This was done for a total of $429. Words of advice do not ever for any reason take your car to a Nissan dealership! They refused to help us and wanted $500 just to tell us what was wrong and we were able to find out what was wrong and had the problem fixed for less then this! I will never give another dollar of mine to a Nissan dealership!

Hope this will end up helping someone if the same problem arises!

tspeed
Car: 2009 Altima Hybrid

Hi JL, I know this is an old post but what you described is exactly what I am going through right now with my NAH with 189,xxx miles. I am planning to replace the 12v battery and all ignition coils.

When you replaced the 12v battery, which one did you use?

Return to “Altima General Discussions”