2009 FX35 - Keeping my Cell Phone Charged

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
MaddMike
Car: 2009 Infinity FX35

I connect my cell phone to the power port in the arm rest. The problem is that the only time this power port is active is when the vehicle is running or ACC is on.

Does anyone know how to make this power port active all the time? My phone battery keeps discharging.

Thanks

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you as a part of the FX Forum!

Well, the answer to your question is simple, yet it can be complicated. You need to run a constant power source (power wire directly from battery to outlet). Right now the outlet is set up like you mentioned, only on the ACC position. On my Armada I have two outlets in the front, it is nice because one is on constant, the other is on in the ACC position or when the vehicle is running. Quite honestly, it probably isn't worth messing with, but maybe it is to you.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Timmbo is correct.

All Infinitis and Nissans I think have key one power only power sockets. The basic reasoning for this is to keep the battery from draiing if their is something left plugged in a drain of ~.300-.500A would be enough to discharge a battery overnight.

Great choice on the 09 FX I personally really like the changes they have made. Hopefully you will be able to post some reviews of it over time. So the rest of us can live vicariously through your new FX.

Welcome

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”