2009 FX & newer generation iPhone & iPod

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Scog

1 week owner of 2009 FX35 with Nav & Tech.

Extremely disappointed that there is no way to hook up my iPhone to the audio system. They only supply a cable for the old style iPod of years ago.

Anyone have a superior solution to hook an iPhone to the audio system? My last 2004 FX35 had a cassette player so I purchased a tape cassette adapter that actually worked very well.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to NICOclub, thanks for joining us here in the FX Forum, glad to have you!

I thought the new FX had the same iPOD connections as I do in my Murano and the EX35. You should be able to connect the iPhone just fine, the only issue is the new 3G iPhone will NOT charge when connected. This connection is made inside of your center console. Check it out and let me know if this helps, or if for some reason I am completely wrong. I would be shocked if you could not connect your iPhone.

majorheadache
Car: 2009 FX50S

I have an 09 FX and a 5G iPod, and the iPod cable that came with the car fits fine. Granted it's not an iPhone, but according to the links I've found, the iPhone and iPod both use the same cable, unless something changed just recently. I even remember that the salesman connected his iPhone to the demo FX on the test drive.

Are you sure you're not looking at the AV inputs in the center console? Did the dealer give you the iPod cable when they handed over the car? I know when I took delivery of mine, it was handed over separately, with the manual and other paraphernalia.

Speaking of the AV input, if for some reason the iPhone DOES use a different cable, you could use the AV input, which would be much better than a cassette adapter (but admittedly, nowhere near as elegant a solution as the proper iPod cable)

Hope it helps

snowdon
Car: FX35 2008

I have the same type of problem with our FX35 (bought this year - the new model). My wife and I have iphones but only mine works with the connector cable that came with the car (in the center console). My iphone is original, whereas hers is the newer 3G model. We're hoping it's just a matter of getting a replacement cable. Sounds like nobody has been through this and found a solution?

Timmbo

snowdon wrote:I have the same type of problem with our FX35 (bought this year - the new model). My wife and I have iphones but only mine works with the connector cable that came with the car (in the center console). My iphone is original, whereas hers is the newer 3G model. We're hoping it's just a matter of getting a replacement cable. Sounds like nobody has been through this and found a solution?
Thanks for visiting the FX Forum! Glad to have you as a member of NICOclub!

I do believe there is different cable that you need for the newer iPhone. The other thing is once you do get the cable, your wife's newer phone will not charge while connected, but I believe your iPhone will. Let me know if I am correct. Good luck and enjoy your new FX! How do you like the new 7spd tranny?

snowdon
Car: FX35 2008

Thanks Timmbo, I'll see if I can get one. The new model is a joy to drive, and surprisingly different and better from the previous one (we got the FX when it first came out previously). They've done a great job with the 7 speed and stability too.

Timmbo

Here you go guys, this adapter will allow your newer generation iPhone and iPods to charge using your iPod Interface. Here is the link. You can purchase at Amazon.com for $24.95.

http://scosche.com/products/productID/1667

Here are two other options as well:

http://cablejive.com/iphone_3g....htmlh ... om...d.htm

porpie
Car: 2009 Infiniti FX35

I recently purchased a 2009 fx35 with all the options (except technology package). My iphone 3gs won't connect with the ipod dock; simply displays a message on my iphone that this accessory is not compatible. Do I need to ask Infiniti for a new cable?

sidsharma
Car: EX35

Click the above link and get the adapter from cablejive. It will fix all the problems.

49erfan
Car: 2009 Infiniti FX 35

I have an older Nano, so my Ipod connects just fine with the new FX I picked up 3 days ago.

In the dealership, they warned me that the newest generation iPhones need an adapter.

My concern with my ipod, always plugged into the cable, powers up whenever I turn on the car. Even if not in use. But it doesn't turn off when I turn off the car. So, the ipod battery drains overnight, and I have an unpleasant surprise of a dead ipod battery in the morning after my 5 minute drive to my commuter rail station.

Seems a hassle to always need to turn off the ipod, or to keep it disconnected.

zhzubair4
Car: bmw

dk is the best

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”