2008 spec v loss of power

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
NdRacer08
Car: 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

Hi everyone I have a 2008 SE-R Spec V. The car runs great and starts right up but looses all its power once I start to accelerate. Does not misfire at all and idles normally

. I've changed the following parts so far

. Fuel pump
. Spark plugs
. Ignition coils
Fuel injectors

Has no cel or any codes. Had a mechanic and a nissan dealer look at it with no results. MAF and timing were checked and came back normal. anyone has any insight i would appreciate it.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The only things the ECM can't monitor and has to trust are fuel pressure, exhaust backpressure, and the MAF. I'm not sure how you'd "check" the MAF without streaming it while driving, but Sentras with either engine are infamous for developing hidden cracks in the intake boot which spread when you accelerate or decelerate as the engine rocks in the cradle. The MAF will appear to go crazy, with the reading suddenly dropping off a cliff. You can use a vacuum gauge to check the exhaust. Normal vacuum will be someplace around 20", if it drops way off as you gradually raise the RPM then the engine is strangling.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”