2008 Sentra JERKING problems

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
goranvu
Car: 2008 Nissan Sentra Base

Hi all, new to the site.

over the last couple winters I've noticed that my Sentra has been acting weird.

Winter 2012/2013 the car would jerk once or twice into the drive to work/from work. This would happen once a month maybe, and at 1st we were thinking that maybe it was ice and the car slipping on it, but we noticed it happening on dry roads while the weather was cold. The jerk was very light, felt almost like a PULSE. The RPM needs would jerk very slightly.

This winter 2013/2014 the jerk happens more frequently, as in during the drive and in intervals day-to-day. The jerk has also gotten a little more violent. One day it kept happening constantly.

We had taken the car to the Nissan dealership and they at first were not able to "simulate" and "recreate" the jerking. They suggested that it could be bad fuel, and to use a GAS additive to prevent freezing in the lines. They also suggested that we fill up when the tank gets to half rather then waiting till empty. We tried this for a couple weeks with no jerking, however, after the couple weeks it happened again.

We took it in on a cold day, and the dealership was able to replicate the issue. The code that came up was P0725 (how ever no CEL). They say they checked all the components connecting the ECU to the TCM, and everything checks out.

Any ideas?

Cheers

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Well, code P0725 = engine speed input/circuit malfunction. I did a little googlefoo and read about a few people also having this issue and changing out the crankshaft position sensor.

Should be one clip and one bolt securing the sensor so it appears to be an easy part to change out. I hope this helps a little, I don't have an Altima or much experience with them.

Welcome to Nico!

WD

goranvu
Car: 2008 Nissan Sentra Base

WDRacing wrote:Well, code P0725 = engine speed input/circuit malfunction. I did a little googlefoo and read about a few people also having this issue and changing out the crankshaft position sensor.
thank u for the warm welcome. :biggrin:

I did the same research as you and found just that online.
seems that most p0725 issues online are on mid-2000's altima's, especially ones which are causing the car to stall when at a stop or the rpm's to jump, or not to start at all.. my issue is no where are extreme as that (yet), but I need to address it before it gets that bad. I will likely be swapping out the crankshaft position sensor as early as this weekend.

I wanted to see if there were any more ideas out there. :crazy:

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Well I hope that fixes the problem. Keep us updated.

WD

martinmm

Hey, Was our problem solved?

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”