2008 Rogue made it to 350k miles.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
worldbikr
Car: na

Still runs pretty well though the engine may be a little tired. Since I've got 2 cars w high miles I'm going to keep it for a while. Overall I'd say I got my money's worth in 15 or 16 years of driving.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Probably you’re one of the few that’s still here in the nearly 14 yrs I’ve been lurking around. The other is darylzero.

Personally, I barely broke 110k with my 2009.

Thanks for sharing. I guess I’ll see you around until either of our Rogues is driven to the ground. Mine is original cvt too.

Kudos to your well maintained Rogue and it should definitely be in the hall of fame in this forum. :dblthumb:

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

350K miles!!!! Wow, great to hear. Mostly long trips I'd assume?
I just kicked over 65K (104,000 km) in the wife's '11 Rogue.

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

worldbikr wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:56 pm
Still runs pretty well though the engine may be a little tired. Since I've got 2 cars w high miles I'm going to keep it for a while. Overall I'd say I got my money's worth in 15 or 16 years of driving.
Way to go worldbikr. So the standard question: Is this on the original CVT? What's your CVT maintenance schedule?

worldbikr
Car: na

Cvt replaced unde warranty at about 80k. I had the external cooler installed but it stills overheats and starts to slip and wine in summer when fluid hits about 200. . I manage fine around town. So I've probably changed fluid myself about 5 times. I use my other car for any mountain driving.

alfaguy
Car: 08 Rogue

WOW! That gives me hope, our 2008 Rogue SL at 292,000 km , original everything except transmission, brakes and muffler. This car does not burn a lick of oil! Transmission was replaced at 150k km, under warranty

PowerslavePA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/Platinum

As with all products, it's a crap shoot. You can get a dud, or one that
lasts. I had a Camaro, with the infamous LLT engine. I milked
over 310,000 miles without replacing the timing chain. It all
depends how you take care of it.

OIL level, and change intervals are key to keeping an engine healthy for 100s
of thousands of miles. Sam with an automatic transmission. Keeping the
fluid fresh, temperature low, and level, is key.

I always try an add an AUX cooler. I got one for my '16, just have
not installed it yet.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PowerslavePA wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:39 am
Sam with an automatic transmission. Keeping the
fluid fresh, temperature low, and level, is key.

I always try an add an AUX cooler. I got one for my '16, just have
not installed it yet.
Big +1. And with CVT's, especially critical if you're a lead-foot driver. We had a '15 Altima in the shop just last week with a dead CVT at 57K miles, but when the woman drove off the lot yesterday, I knew exactly why. You can't peel the tires on a gen5 QR25 Altie, but the car made that little TCS chirp and momentary waggle that told me she was pedal to the metal before she even left the driveway. If she doesn't learn a lesson about fresh fluid, I don't doubt that the car will be back in another 57K.

C-ya
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

VStar650CL wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:09 am
Big +1. And with CVT's, especially critical if you're a lead-foot driver. We had a '15 Altima in the shop just last week with a dead CVT at 57K miles, but when the woman drove off the lot yesterday, I knew exactly why. You can't peel the tires on a gen5 QR25 Altie, but the car made that little TCS chirp and momentary waggle that told me she was pedal to the metal before she even left the driveway. If she doesn't learn a lesson about fresh fluid, I don't doubt that the car will be back in another 57K.
I got in my daughter's '11 Rogue the other day to move it and was pleasantly surprised to see her avg mpg over 22. I told her you don't need to be on the wood when the light changes or coming off a stop sign, and she is finally realizing gas isn't free. You don't get over 22 mpg unless you are almost hypermiling as our driving is all sub/urban. I also explained to her about the CVT and the basic theory of operation and how heat and stress are their major enemies. I'm hoping she is a little more respectful of the vehicle since I'm making her pay for things now. She's a junior in high school and I don't know anything, of course, but paying me speaks a little louder and clearer methinks.

My wife, on the other hand, is a little more digital like your example, VStar. But, she also surprised me when I drove her Santa Fe this weekend - she was averaging a little over 17 mpg. EPA estimates for her 3.3 w/ a 5-speed is 16 city. Of course, I have gotten into it and seen 12s.

(I try to reset the lie-o-meter at least once a month in their rides, and mine self-resets at every fill up.)

Return to “Rogue Forum”