2008 Rogue AWD

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
edu1234
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I am new to this forum. I owned 2008 Rogue, and I am having issues with the differential it has a major oil leak from the outer seal driver side axle. So far I have replaced the differential, axle, seal, and it continues to leak oil. Any help is sincerely appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

What kind of seal was it the old rubber stay with the little spring around the lip of the seal? Or the new Teflon style, no spring.

There is a different installation procedure for the Teflon vs the rubber style.

The rubber style will get pressed/tapped into the differential and then a light coating of oil applied to the lip and the axle slid into place and you’re good to go once everything is buttoned back up.

The Teflon is a bit different. Make sure you do NOT contaminate the lip of the seal with oil during installation. After tapping/ pressing it in use some rubbing alcohol and wipe down the shaft of the axle that goes into the transmission making absolutely sure there is no oil on it. Be very careful not to nick the lip of the seal as you’re inserting the shaft into the transmission. That goes for both style seals. After it’s all buttoned up let it set for about 4 hours before you fill the transmission back up with oil. Then you should be good to go.

edu1234

THANK YOU!

edu1234

Can I disconnect the rear end from the transmission? Will it run without damaging any other systems? Thanks

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Good question I don’t know. I’ve done that with a Ford F-250 but not for very far and not over 30mph. I would say that’s something you’d have to decide for yourself and take you chances. At the least I would think it would put your dashboard into Christmas tree mode.

Return to “Rogue Forum”