2008 Quest Owners - Lets Share Info!

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
2peaches2oranges
Car: 2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S

Fatwallet'ers who bought their new Quest's for 40% off - CONGRATS & WELCOME!

Now that we have the deal on the vehicles - what are you going to add to your vehicle (at the best prices of course)?

I have ordered the Lund Bug Deflector & the Ventvisors from Amazon $75.00 shipped for both (price increased ).

Next, I have shopped around for an extended warranty and purchased from a Nissan dealer in MD the Gold Preferred with $50 deductible 60 mos/$75K miles for $755.00... (all good here-thanks to Harold at VOB Nissan!)

Update: FOUND & Installed an 11" Jensen Overhead DVD Player! Now searching for a DVD player to make the kids happy...

Oh, and a cargo liner for the well in back... possibly some all weather mats to keep the beige carpet clean (with four kids, good luck right!)

Any suggestions??

Modified by 2peaches2oranges at 8:11 AM 9/6/2008

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I'm to poor for the 08 Model... I'm actually looking at the mid 90's style The capts chairs in back combined with the VG powertrain are a bonus for me. But I'm gonna end up boosting it to have the ultimate sleeper. Can't be a dude driving a minivan without having it haul A$$

What type of DVD player are you looking for? I know there are some really decent after market units available.

Oh...welcome to Nico BTW I see you have a fruit fetish

WD

2peaches2oranges

Hi,

I admit I do not know much about the older style Quests. I was told by many to stay away from the 2004 model which had some issues.

I have 4 kids (well three still brave enough to be seen in a minivan with mom). I am looking for one with a decent sized screen, the ability for the kids to load the DVD (not mama driving in front) and remote control.

Of course, if I can get it to work with the dash board controls in front, that will be great!

Any help is very much appreciated!

lee paul
Car: Nissan Quest

2peaches2oranges wrote:Hi,

I admit I do not know much about the older style Quests. I was told by many to stay away from the 2004 model which had some issues.

I have 4 kids (well three still brave enough to be seen in a minivan with mom). I am looking for one with a decent sized screen, the ability for the kids to load the DVD (not mama driving in front) and remote control.

Of course, if I can get it to work with the dash board controls in front, that will be great!

Any help is very much appreciated!
newegg

This is really good

2peaches2oranges

WDRacing wrote:
Oh...welcome to Nico BTW I see you have a fruit fetish

WD

I missed this the first time, I have two lil' Georgia born peaches and two lil' Florida born oranges. They like to keep me busy...

Thanks again for the welcome!

2peaches2oranges

lee paul wrote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/...10184

This is really good
Thanks Lee Paul (I know that name from FW)

I like this, in beige too! Price is reasonable. If I buy this, where do you typically go to get something like this installed? Circuit City or an automotive shop? back to the dealer?

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

NOT the stealership

I'd search through what Best Buy has available and then have them install their product if they offer something you like...but I don't think I'd bring my car there otherwise. I'd go to an audio place and get some estimates, DVD's are common place these days, so don't let them make it out to be something extensive.

WD

Best_Shot

I will be picking-up a base 2008 Nissan Quest SL tomorrow 170 miles from my home. The MSRP was $31K+, but they gave it to me for $21K. Out the door pricing is $22,752.50. The only options in that vehicle are mats, mud guards, and cargo cover.

My next immediate "addition" is to apply nice paint wax/protectant, and I am thinking of Zaino products, then I will shop for window deflector, most likely from Weathertech, and then waiting for the Jensen 11" overhead DVD from Circuit City for the price to come down a bit... I will also look around for a hood deflector... and maybe, seat covers in the near future, but that is not a priority at this point...

rubilynne4
Car: New 2008 Nissan Quest 3.5S

looking to either do a on my own dvd install or get one done any info appreciated

alphaforcex
Car: '08 Quest SE

I'm looking for window and hood deflector. I couldn't get the same low prices from Amazon...so I figure I'd get the hood deflector from the dealership as I was able to get employee pricing.

I would like to find out how to add OEM navigation to the van. Navigation computer/drive, antenna and what?? I took a look at the service manual and it seems possible. Haven't spent too much time on it yet. Any one else interested??

My wife is looking for all weather mats too.

2peaches2oranges

rubilynne4 wrote:looking to either do a on my own dvd install or get one done any info appreciated
I looked at Circuit City online tonight. When I plugged in the vehicle (of course the 2008 Nissan Quest!) only three came up as ABLE TO FIT this vehicle.

circuit city Circuit City DVD options...

They are running a free install special with purchase, this saves you about $179 according to the FireDog prices.

Modified by 2peaches2oranges at 6:13 AM 8/30/2008

2peaches2oranges

After searching online for a Circuit City coupon... I found a link to 10% off a $249 online order, then you get the free installation when you add the Fire Dog installation.

Order Summary Item Price Coupon savings Qty Total Jensen 11" Overhead DVD PlayerJSN JMV111 $599.99 -$50.00 1 $449.99 Car Video Installation by firedog - Overhead ScreenINS OVERHEAD $179.99 -$10.00 1 $90.00 Charges for this order: Total coupon savings $60.00 Shop Fee $0.00 Subtotal $539.99 Tax $37.80 Total $577.79

So with 7% tax, $577.79 installed for the 11' Jensen Overhead DVD with two headsets, one remote.

This unit may go on sale, but you have price protection within 30 days of purchasing. So keep an eye on it after you purchase.
Modified by 2peaches2oranges at 7:11 PM 8/31/2008

rubilynne4
Car: New 2008 Nissan Quest 3.5S

thankx for the info. might consider this for a family christmas gift. has anyone got any info on Axion 7" Twin-Monitor Road Theater System - AXN-6079

$149.99. thankx for any feedback
2peaches2oranges wrote:
I looked at Circuit City online tonight. When I plugged in the vehicle (of course the 2008 Nissan Quest!) only three came up as ABLE TO FIT this vehicle.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd...13101 Circuit City DVD options...

They are running a free install special with purchase, this saves you about $179 according to the FireDog prices.

Modified by 2peaches2oranges at 6:13 AM 8/30/2008

2peaches2oranges

OMGILI

I did a Google search and found some feedback from purchasers. Looks like it is sold at several places including Target, Amazon and Newegg.

The price is good, but maybe you get what you pay for???

basskronick
Car: I drive a pontiac, and i love it, but i have nissan in my heart, I'm also the owner of a first gen q

If you havent found a rear cargo liner yet, suspension connection offers a reasonable one, and is available in tan as well..... suspension connection hope this helps!

sanmig08
Car: 2008 Nissan Quest 3.5S

I just got my Quest S few days ago. Thanks to fatwallet! Now I'm planning to install rear parking sensor and roof rail crossbars. Any suggestion where to find a good deal?

2peaches2oranges

basskronick wrote:If you havent found a rear cargo liner yet, suspension connection offers a reasonable one, and is available in tan as well..... http://www.suspensionconnectio...pping hope this helps!
Thank you for the link. I keep my 3rd row up, so I don't think that will work for me. I am looking for one to just line the "storage well" carpeting. Kinda like my Odyssey cargo liner which I stole from my 2006.

Anything like this for Nissan?

basskronick
Car: I drive a pontiac, and i love it, but i have nissan in my heart, I'm also the owner of a first gen q

I did a little more research, I think i might have found something. Take a look at this and tell me if it's what you might be looking for. courtesy parts

2peaches2oranges

Thank you for the info.

I guess I need to see that in person. I have seen that product before online. It looks like a black tablecloth, not to mention it looks pretty tacky in the picture.

I wonder if it is flimsy? My main problem is the chance of leaking pool bleach or groceries, so it must be firm, not flimsy to prevent spilling as I remove it (I speak from experience in ruining carpet this way!)

basskronick

I was kinda thinking the same thing, plus, with the cutouts for the hooks it might not be that "protective" against liquids. Unfortunately, it's the only thing i have been able to find. I'll keep looking, and also for alternatives.

mmike
Car: 2008 Nissan Quest

pls let us know, if you see it in person because I'll also interested.

hkfooey

Best Shot:

Did you get it for $22k or $32K?? If $22K - that's an amazing deal!!

I got my 2006 Quest SE (w/O DVD/Nav) $33k out the door and it was a pretty good deal already (we live in CA Bay Area - everything is 20% more expensive!)
Best_Shot wrote:I will be picking-up a base 2008 Nissan Quest SL tomorrow 170 miles from my home. The MSRP was $31K+, but they gave it to me for $21K. Out the door pricing is $22,752.50. The only options in that vehicle are mats, mud guards, and cargo cover.

Best_Shot

hkfooey - yes, I got it for $22K. During that time, just like what others found out, that Nissan has special deals with the dealers to move their old stock vehicles. What I read from other forums (I think it was in fatwallet) that Nissan was giving dealerships $7K incentive to move Quests out of the lot, and in turn, some dealerships share these incentives with the customers - and remember, there was also a $3.5K customer cash back being advertised, thus, in my case, I think I received a total of ~$10K discount... other Nissan vehicles, especially the trucks and SUVs, per one dealership in Chicago that they are cutting the price off MSRP by as much as $15K... that was last month, not sure if they still have the same thing going on...

hkfooey

Oh man - that's amazing deal - will let my friend know and see if the rebate is still available!! Thanks!
Best_Shot wrote:hkfooey - yes, I got it for $22K. During that time, just like what others found out, that Nissan has special deals with the dealers to move their old stock vehicles. What I read from other forums (I think it was in fatwallet) that Nissan was giving dealerships $7K incentive to move Quests out of the lot, and in turn, some dealerships share these incentives with the customers - and remember, there was also a $3.5K customer cash back being advertised, thus, in my case, I think I received a total of ~$10K discount... other Nissan vehicles, especially the trucks and SUVs, per one dealership in Chicago that they are cutting the price off MSRP by as much as $15K... that was last month, not sure if they still have the same thing going on...

dom2aga
Car: Infiniti M45, Nissan Quest SE

HKfooey,

I just got a 2008 Nissan Quest SE fullly loaded with Nav, DVD, cargo organizer and all weather floormats for less than $31K, over 10K off MSRP. If you look harder, it should be a good time to get amazing deal for 2008 Quest now if they are still available. I think there is still a $4K rebate for 2008 and $3K rebate for 2009.

Good luck.

vinbytes

Nice, you got the best car I think. Well that's good. Try to keep updated. Fun and excitement.

jimmyboy

my sis has a nissan quest and she loves it. i personally have driven it and the ride is ok but clearly its a mom car minivan . the shes got is oldish with mad miles on it. i told her to donate it for the haiti releif effort, but who knows, shes a classic soccer mom http://www.fastcashforjunkcars.com

MaryTodd

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Thanks again.

lj837
Car: 2008 nissan quest

Hey first time here!! I thought I'd try to find if anyone ever had a problem with the interior lights going out and the back up sensor as well. If so how did you fix the problem out side of going to the dealership and doing it yourself?

Steve9999
Car: Xcorola

wowo how necessary information is here.

Simply click on 'GET A QUOTE' or call us at (954) 790-9235 and one of our Appraisers at Sell My Car Miami will answer you immediately.

Return to “Quest Forum”