2008 Nissan Versa what type of Auto. Trans. does it have

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
leogets
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

Hi all, my niece just bought a 2008 Nissan Versa with an automatic transmission. I would like to know what type of Automatic Transmission it comes with, so I can buy the correct type of transmission fluid for it.

Is it a CVT type? If so what type of Transmission fluid should I get to replace it with?
Is it a standard 4 speed or 5 speed automatic transmission where AFT type can be used?

Thanks for any help.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO. When you looked in the engine bay, did you see any labels? All Nissan's equipped with a CVT have warning labels in the engine bay, one of which states that you can only use CVT transmission fluid, otherwise you'll damage it.

Go to http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/ and enter your VIN. This will help narrow down things for you.

leogets
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

Thanks for your help, I relay the message to her and see what she finds. This way I can get everything needed to replace the tranny fluid before comes back.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Ok, cool. Can you get her to give you the VIN? I'd start by doing a free VIN lookup: http://www.vindecoder.net/car-brand-manufacturer/nissan

Next, if the vehicle didn't come with a Carfax report, I'd strongly consider ponying up the $39.95 so you can see what work may have been done to it at the dealership. You'll also be able to make sure any recalls have been dealt with.

Return to “Versa General Chat”