2008 Nissan Versa Starting Problems and Stalling

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
general_dds
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

Hi,

I have a 2008 Nissan Versa. About 6 months ago it started to have issues starting on the first try, and sometimes the second try. Eventually, it started, and now the same problem is happening again. The first time I changed the spark plugs and put fuel injection fluid in and it quit for a while. Now it's back again. Could it be the fuel injector or fuel filter?

It has also stalled on my wife 2 times in the last month. It will be driving well and then just completely turns off. It starts back up right away. Could it be too much juice to the alternator?

Thanks,

Steve

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Is your check engine light on? How many miles does the car have on it?

general_dds
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

The check engine light is not on and it has 60,000 miles on it.

John2007Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S
1998 Nissan Altima GXE

It might be your fuel pressure regulator. Watch this YouTube video http://youtu.be/0FaJlkQlkTg. Video even has link to where you can get the part. If this is what your car is doing, then this could be your problem. Good luck.

BWG
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL
2009 Nissan Versa S (Totaled)

The post above mine is the cause. This is a widely known issue. Some have it and some don't. It's more of an annoyance than a terminal problem. You can have up to 10 second starts.

I had a mild case with my original fuel pressure regulator. My fuel pump quit at around 137,000 miles. I pulled one from a recycle yard. The fuel pressure regulator in it was problematic, so I had to pull the fuel pump back out and swap the fpr with my old pump.

No issues. 201,000 miles now and my only repair. 65 bucks.

PolskaONE
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6L

Hi this is Polska ONE,

I went out to my 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6L Sedan with 37,500 miles today. It was cold here in the mid-atlantic states. We had about least 10-20 cold days prior to today. I went out to my car to warm it up and wait for the blue temp lite to go out. I sat there about 5 minutes, the radio was playing, and the car just stopped running. I lost the radio and heat. I was like what the F because this car has 37,500 miles on it. The versa died. I tried starting the versa and I could hear the starter but versa would not start. I tried again and versa would not start. I tried pumping the pedal a few times and turn the key and versa would not start. I yelled at versa and versa would not start. I stepped out of the car, kicked the tire , went back into the car , turned the key and versa would not start.

So I figured something was wrong. I went into the house to see if maybe if the versa needs some time for condensation or something to clear. I went back out after 1 hour passed and the versa did not start but electric on dashboard controls and starter seemed to make noise but did not start. Versa will not start with turning key. I talked nice to versa and turned key and versa would not start.

I did not want to keep turning the key to burn out the starter. Momma PolskaOne did not raise a dummy. I give versa a break in between tries. I treat versa with loving care.

So then I called Nissan roadside assistance. A tow truck came and took versa to the versa hospital (Nissan dealer).

Well , it looks like my 2009 Versa needs a new fuel pump. This is new to me a fuel pump going bad at 37.5K. I thought what the F. I am lucky the fuel pump is still under warranty but I still have a $50 dollar deductible on the warranty.

And it looks like my serpentine belt is brown. I am not sure why. I will have to investigate that. Nissan said I need a new serpentine belt since when do they go bad at 37,500 ? I am going to get a new versa serpentine belt because I do not have time to replace it or play mechanic. The serpentine belt is not under warranty.

I hope this info helps you my friends.

Rgds, your Polska ONE

Return to “Versa General Chat”