2008 Nissan Sentra blown head gasket

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Jimmie93
Car: 2008 Nissan Sentra

I recently bought a cheap 08 Sentra. I only have a grand in it but it has 240k miles on the body and 150k+ on the engine (the original blew was swapped). The issue is this new engine most likely has a blown head gasket and it's not worth fixing. I put some Blue Demon head gasket sealer in and the car runs great now, but I'm still getting some bubbling in the coolant overflow tank. Any ideas? The car has never overheated and I changed the oil, it was old but good and the coolant was pretty clean as well. Other then some debris in the overflow tank which I flushed so I the whole coolant system multiple times and put fresh 50/50 coolant in.

The goal for this car is to just have it around in case I need to go to the gas station or something, no long trips.

This is when I first got the car before I did anything to it had a tiny bit of white smoke as well.

Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Blown head gaskets only get worse, and at some point that sealer will gum up the cooling system completely. If you're not up to replacing the gasket, there are lots of good used MR20's out there for $600~700.

Jimmie93
Car: 2008 Nissan Sentra

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:07 pm
Blown head gaskets only get worse, and at some point that sealer will gum up the cooling system completely. If you're not up to replacing the gasket, there are lots of good used MR20's out there for $600~700.
Well It's a long story. I traded my other vehicle which wasn't anything special for this and I got conned pretty much. I checked the oil, coolant test drove it 20 mins and everything, and it seemed perfect but I drove it around for a night and I woke the next morning to that video. All I'm trying to do is get the most use out of it before the engine goes then probably sell it off as a parts car. With that many miles the transmission it probably isn't in the best shape especially being a CVT with 240k+.

macgiver

Sometime in the recent future you may figure on leaving it at a railroad crossing on a dark night 2:30 in the am - WITH insurance papers , proper, in the glovebox?? :lolling:
sorry :facepalm:..............your "end game"

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”