2008 Nissan Rogue ABS lock, traction control lights

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Kylemc626
Car: 2008 nissan rogue

Hey everyone,

So i have a 2008 nissan rogue. The ABS lock, traction control light and vvt light come on when i am driving. And almost cuts the engine out at points. The brake fluid level is fine and im not sure where to start and see if i can fix it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :poke:

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Wow, I'm shocked nobody has replied yet, but it is most likely the wheel speed sensor or ring (which the sensor reads) that is causing this to happen.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

The wheel speed sensor is a good possibIlity but which one, there are only four. Do you replace each one and hope for the best?
This is where you need a code reader that will read the abs system, no autozone and other auto parts stores that offer free code reading do not use a reader that can access the abs system. You’ll need to find someone close to you that has a reader that will read the abs. A dealer or other mechanic or a friend. I bought one several years ago just to be able to read the abs, srs and other systems.

A good code reader pays for itself the first time you replace a $50 wheel sensor and save $3-400 that the dealer would have charged you.

Return to “Rogue Forum”