2008 Nissan Altima coupe pricing announced

All things Altima Coupe.
mkaresh
Car: 2003 Mazda Protege5

Nissan Announces Pricing on 2008 Altima Coupe [Apr. 17, 07]

Sporty New Addition to the Altima Lineup Starts at $20,490 MSPR

NASHVILLE (Apr. 17, 2007) – Nissan North America, Inc. today announced pricing on the all-new 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe, which goes on sale May 25, 2007 at Nissan dealers nationwide. The newest extension of Nissan’s best-selling Altima lineup offers dramatic styling, a sport-inspired interior and a choice of two advanced powerplants – a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder or 3.5-liter V6 – and 6-speed manual or Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) transmissions.

The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S with 6-speed manual transmission is $20,490. Altima Coupe 2.5 S CVT with Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) starts at $20,990. The V6-equipped Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 6MT with 6-speed manual has an MSRP of $24,890, while the 3.5 SE Altima Coupe SE CVT with Xtronic CVT starts at $25,390.

Customers will be able to pre-order 2008 Altima Coupes at Nissan dealers beginning today under a special “Reserve Your Coupe” promotion.

The new Altima Coupe offers smaller dimensions, driver-oriented cockpit and unique styling, giving it a more sporty appearance and driving feel. Altima Coupe has a 4.0 inch shorter wheelbase and overall length is 7.1 inches less than the Altima Sedan. The Coupe also has a 2.5 inch lower profile than the Sedan version. The Altima Coupe and Sedan only share a common hood, with all other major panels, including the grille, headlights and rear combination lights unique to the Altima Coupe.

The new Altima Coupe is part of the fourth-generation Altima design, which utilizes Nissan’s all-new, highly acclaimed “D” platform with increased body rigidity and a redesigned suspension. This new platform was developed with the objective of making Altima one of the best performing large front-wheel drive vehicles available globally.“The Altima Coupe sets itself apart from the segment by being more than just an Altima Sedan minus two doors,” said Bill Bosley, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “The driving performance of the Altima Coupe is biased toward sporty feel, especially when equipped with our award-winning V6. Handling is also a strong point of the new Coupe, as is the responsive feeling provided by the Xtronic CVT transmission.”

The 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC V6 utilized in Altima Coupe 3.5 SE models is the “next generation” version of the 12-time Ward’s “10 Best Engines” award-winning VQ-series V6. For use in the Altima Coupe, it is rated at 270 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. Available with the new Altima Coupe 2.5 S models is a 2.5-liter DOHC 16-valve QR25 inline 4-cylinder, producing 175 horsepower (170 hp CAL) and 180 lb-ft of torque (175 lb-ft CAL).

Altima Coupe models with the 4-cylinder engine are equipped with 16-inch wheels and tires, while V6-equipped Altima Coupes come with unique-design 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and 215/55R17 tires. All 2008 Altima Coupes also come equipped with standard 4-wheel, 4-channel, 4-sensor Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD).

The list of Altima Coupe passenger amenities includes standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition and available Bose-developed audio system with nine speakers, Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System, satellite radio and dual-zone automatic temperature control.

Available technology features include a RearView Monitor, which utilizes a small camera to help show the view behind the vehicle when in reverse gear, and Nissan Navigation System with a 6.5-inch color monitor. The new Altima Coupe also comes equipped with a number of standard safety features, including Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones and Advanced Air Bag System (AABS), which includes dual-stage front supplemental air bags.

Also standard are front seat side-impact supplemental air bags for chest protection and roof-mounted curtain side-impact air bags for front and rear outboard occupant head protection.

In addition to the new 2008 Altima Coupe, Altima is offered in a variety of Sedan models – including the 2.5, 2.5 S, 2.5 S with SL Package, 3.5 SE, 3.5 SL and Altima Hybrid (Hybrid Electric Vehicle). The new Altima is off to a strong launch, with 2007 calendar-year-to-date sales up nearly 19 percent through March.

Complete 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe pricing is available on the attached sheet.

In North America, Nissan operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at http://www.nissannews.com.

Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2.5 Liter I4 6M/T $ 2 0,490Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2.5 Liter I4 CVT $ 2 0,990Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 3.5 Liter V6 6M/T $ 2 4,890Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 3.5 Liter V6 CVT $ 2 5,390

FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS 2.5 S 3.5 SEConvenience Package $ 1,300 l2.5S Premium Package $ 5,100 lTechnology Package $ 2,000 l l3.5SE Premium Package $ 3,200 lVehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) $ 600 lMoonroof $ 850 lFog Lamps $ 310 l

PORT INSTALLED ACCESSORIES 2.5 S 3.5 SEMoonroof Wind Deflector $ 100 l l$ 175 l lAluminum kick plates $ 8 5 l l

mkaresh

If someone comes across a complete features and option package contents list, please let me know, so I can get this info into TrueDelta's database.

Sam_ZG

Price is not bad, just hope damn dealers wont mark it up like all the other cars that has a high demand.

terrormaschine
Car: 2003 Altima 2.5s

the prices seem pretty good, and i hope a SE-R coupe comes out soon.!!.

jdshift
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima/ 2015 Nissan Altima 3.5/ 2014 infiniti qx70s 5.0

I really want one bad!!! But in my area they will mark up to about 30,000. So.......unless I get lucky with a deal I may have to wait. But a beautiful car which makes it so hard not getting one soon. LOL.

mkaresh

How far can they mark it up before bumping into the 2007 G35, which will soon be discounted to make way for the 2008?

Sam_ZG

This is true, they cant mark it up too much cause if the price is too high, people might as well get the 350z or the g35. But the pricing is out on nissan website.http://www.nissanusa.com/altimaCoupe/

mkaresh

The thing is, they have pricing for the option packages, but nothing on the contents of the packages.

Sam_ZG

Yeah thats true. I would like know what are we getting for each packages. I'm not digging the grill, but I'm hoping after market will offer more sleeker grill. A spoiler and side and front trim package would be good too. 18" rims would been better too. Even the Mazdaspeed 3 offers 18" rims. What would you want Nissan to change or offer in their packages for the Altima coupe?

bsam

Here are 2 packages that are described in Edmunds:

A technology package that bundles a navigation system with a rearview monitor adds another $2,000 to the bottom line.

A premium package for the Altima 2.5 S coupe adds $5,100 and includes alloy rims, a Bluetooth hands-free phone system, an eight-way driver seat, leather seats, a sunroof and an updated Bose system

http://www.edmunds.com/insidel...20462

mkaresh

Thanks. I found this info the other day. Pricing for the coupe is up on my site.

It turns out that the coupe has more standard equipment than the sedan.

The 2.5 has standard ABS, worth about $300.

The 3.5 has standard sunroof and fog lights, worth about $1,140.

I'm actually wondering if I missed something with the 2.5, since its base price is $690 more than the sedan's, while the 3.5 coupe is $890 more than the 3.5 sedan.

ctrlaltcoupe
Car: [2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S][Azure Blue with Blond Interior][6MT][Conv. Package][Moonroof]

Hey mkaresh, thanks for the info...

Would you happen to know what is included in the Convenience Package for the coupe? I couldn't find any specific package info on your site. Also, where did you find the info?

I have an idea of what it includes based on the sedan package, but the cost of the package is only $1050 for the sedan, and $1300 for the coupe, so I am wondering what else is included with the package for the coupe.

Also, the Convenience Package on the hybrid sedan is $1300, and includes all the sedan convenience package items, plus a spoiler. I am really hoping that the Convenience Package on the coupe does NOT include a spoiler, because I think that would ruin the back-end look!

Thanks.

mkaresh

Currently the only way to see package info on my site is to price a car and include a feature from the package when doing so. When a single car is priced, all selected packages are listed with their contents on the results page.

In answer to your question, the extra $250 is for alloy wheels, not a spoiler.

I believe option package contents are now listed at cars.com and edmund.com.

ctrlaltcoupe
Car: [2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S][Azure Blue with Blond Interior][6MT][Conv. Package][Moonroof]

Thanks! That was what I was looking for! Cars.com has the full specs, dimensions, and option packages.

http://research.cars.com/go/cr...ional

Do you know if any of the package require you to get the CVT transmission instead of the 6-speed? I know with the sedan, if you want to get the 2.5 S premium package or technology package, they make you get the CVT. They are not available with the 6-speed.

Thanks.

ctrlaltcoupe

ctrlaltcoupe wrote:Do you know if any of the package require you to get the CVT transmission instead of the 6-speed? I know with the sedan, if you want to get the 2.5 S premium package or technology package, they make you get the CVT. They are not available with the 6-speed.

Thanks.
rNevermind, you can build the car on cars.com. It looks like you can get any of the options with either transmission. But, to get the technology package or fog lights option, you need to get the Premium Package (on the 2.5 S model). I can understand why you need to get the premium package to get the nav. system, but I can't understand why fog lights would require the premium package.

mkaresh

Early info like this isn't always accurate. But with a coupe it would be especially odd to restrict options with the manual.

ctrlaltcoupe

mkaresh wrote:Early info like this isn't always accurate. But with a coupe it would be especially odd to restrict options with the manual.
Thanks, i'm noticing that now... It also says that the coupe comes with standard rear power windows and headlight washers.

mkaresh

Entering information into my pricing database would take half as much time if there was a reliable source for it. There isn't. Sadly, this probably includes the pricing part of my own site. With thousands of data points and no decent source of info, errors creep in.

Actually, it's even worse than the time involved. I'm personally doing the data entry myself, because you need to have fairly deep knowledge of cars to be able to spot the errors. I'd love to hire the task out, but it's hard to see how I can.
Modified by mkaresh at 9:21 PM 4/22/2007

ctrlaltcoupe

ctrlaltcoupe wrote:
Thanks, i'm noticing that now... It also says that the coupe comes with standard rear power windows and headlight washers.
FYI - I was talking about cars.com that had this info listed.

ctrlaltcoupe

Does anyone know what the small cutout below the passenger side headlight is for? See this picture for closeup shot... http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/...e.jpg

It is also on the Altima Sedan.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found it in the Owner's Manual for the sedan, it is a tie down/towing hook (cover).
Modified by ctrlaltcoupe at 11:06 AM 4/23/2007

altim8
Car: 3.5 Dark Slate Altima Coupe w/ premo package and VDC

anyone here as stoked about the new altima as i am? curious, does anyone know what the fuel type for the 3.5 model is goin to be? nissan.com doesnt list anything for both the '08 and '07 model and various websites are divided 50/50 between regular unleaded and premium.

ctrlaltcoupe

I am very excited about it as well... I am planning to get one as soon as I can when it comes out. I go home everyday hoping the brochure that I requested will be in my mailbox, but I haven't seen it yet. Also waiting for them to put up the "Build your Altima Coupe" feature on the website.

I am planning to get the 2.5 S w/ Convenience Package and Sunroof. Not sure on which color yet, have to see them in person.

I have read that they recommend using premium gas for the 3.5 liter engine. I assume this would be the same as it is with the sedan, since it is the same engine.

Sam_ZG

Just got my brochure. It's nothing special. Just a bunch of pretty pictures. No real info. You will get more info off of the nissan website or cars.com

mkaresh

Sounds like they're just sending out a limited, intro brochure rather than a full brochure.

bsam

Sam_ZG wrote:Just got my brochure. It's nothing special. Just a bunch of pretty pictures. No real info. You will get more info off of the nissan website or cars.com
Agreed, nothing special about the brochure

bsam

Here is a video of it from a local news near Nissan's Smyrna plant:http://wkrn.com/node/92602#top

It seems like Nissan is trying to target a "no children" type of audience.

I guess I have something to do on Memorial day weekend!

Sam_ZG

Nice vid, thanks for sharing. now I'm torn between getting either this or the mazdaspeed 3. The Altima coupe has a better design but the speed 3 has more room. Damn!

mkaresh

bsam wrote:It seems like Nissan is trying to target a "no children" type of audience.
Check out the back seat room and access, and you'll know why. I have, and it's TIGHT! By choice.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”