2008 Nissan 350z Hr 6MT trouble

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
AznNoYami15
Car: Nissan 2008 350z HR Red

I have a 2008 350z HR 6mt that has a problem shifting into gears.. When the engine is not on, I can shift all the gears just fine. When the car is in motion( whether at rolling and high speed), it shifts into gear as fine too. plus when I was in motion i was to granny shift, Double Clutch, and Rev Match normal.. BUT when it is in a complete stop or I have my E-brakes on and decide to shift into 1st gear from N, it resist and makes me have to force it into gear especially when going into reverse and all the other gear resist as well ( 2nd-6th gear). It started to happen when the area around me started to get cold drastically.

ill have notice there wasn't any brake fluid (clutch fluid) in the Master cylinder. at first i thought there was a leak from the Master cylinder down to the CSC but i couldn't find the leak on the lines and/or a faulty master cylinder. Plus i bleed the system and refill the Master cylinder and it started to work great but still have a weaker resistance than before I bleed the system.

anyone else had this before and knows what it could be? Need advice?
I was thinking it be the CSC going bad, but I wasn't able to drop the tranny at the time.

Plus the CMC and CSC and Clutch/Flywheel were aftermarket parts that I had a shop do it and install them.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Welcome to NICO!
The 07-08 models uses a concentric slave cylinder mounted on the input shaft, which is known to have a fairly short service life. Being mounted on the input shaft means pulling the trans to get to it. I would suggest you bleed the hydraulic system and see if it improves. If this doesn't help, It could still be the master. The slave is the more common source of trouble. You could try replacing the master, it's a lot easier than replacing the slave. If not, looks like you have a tranny pull in your future.

AznNoYami15
Car: Nissan 2008 350z HR Red

evildky wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 am
Welcome to NICO!
The 07-08 models uses a concentric slave cylinder mounted on the input shaft, which is known to have a fairly short service life. Being mounted on the input shaft means pulling the trans to get to it. I would suggest you bleed the hydraulic system and see if it improves. If this doesn't help, It could still be the master. The slave is the more common source of trouble. You could try replacing the master, it's a lot easier than replacing the slave. If not, looks like you have a tranny pull in your future.
Updated
Recently i bled and change the fluids, now the car can go into gear perfectly when it is the first i start the car. After warming it up, the gear engaged while I have the parking brake on... BUT when i went to drive for 20 mins , park at a store to buy something, return back to my car, the gears resist me..I also done this the last 2 days to see if it does the same results and it actually did. so most likely it is the CSC?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Or the master...or both.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”