2008 m35x rack and pinion seal kit

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Colin///
Car: 2003 G35
2004 Altima

Trying to find a seal kit for 2008 m35x for the rack and pinion. Anyone know where there is stock available? Price?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You may need to try scouring the internet, places like RockAuto, etc.

Colin///
2004 Altima

I have been searching online no stock so far. Hoping someone
Knows of a shop that has stock, or a parts store that has access

Colin///
2004 Altima

Ilya wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:57 am
You may need to try scouring the internet, places like RockAuto, etc.
Thanks , I have been all over the internet, no one seems to have stock, hoping someone would have a site, store, or wholesale / retail connection, no luck so far!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Do you know the part number? If not, I usually get them from a site like InfinitiPartsUSA.com and then go HAM on Google. If you know the part number and are still coming up empty then your only option may be the stealership. It may be a special order part.

Colin///
2004 Altima

Trued Infiniti Canada , they no longer carry the kit. If anyone has a part number it would be appreciated

quinner49er
Car: 2008 Inifiniti M45X Pyrite Grey with wheat leather/rosewood, fully loaded; 2016 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premier Gun Metallic with black leather, fully loaded

Yeah, these cars are getting old, so parts are becoming harder to find sometimes. My 2008 M45X is at my dealer's in Oakville (Ontario) right now and needs a new alternator and another minor part.

Just heard back today from Infiniti Canada that they have neither part in stock and that Infiniti is no longer manufacturing them for my model and don't even have them in stock in Japan. Now looking for either a used one or a non-OEM unit.

It may be time soon to (very reluctantly) get a new vehicle. This one is a fully-loaded version and I will be very sad to see it go. I have owned it since it was new and It has been a pleasure to own and drive.

Colin///
2004 Altima

Find a local auto electric shop, alternator is easily rebuilt. What is the other minor part?

quinner49er
Car: 2008 Inifiniti M45X Pyrite Grey with wheat leather/rosewood, fully loaded; 2016 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premier Gun Metallic with black leather, fully loaded

I very much appreciate the suggestion, Colin. I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread!!

My service guy at Oakville Infiniti was great in sourcing replacement options for both parts, and they are in process. They just aren't brand-new, OEM parts, for the first time in 12 years. My car has been babied in terms of parts and service. Fortunately my service guy seems to love my car almost as much as I do, so he has been great to work with over the last few years and very helpful.

While there are several options for the alternator itself (used, rebuilt, re-manufactured), that is not an option on many other components. These cars, particularly the M45 and even more so the M45X, are fairly rare and now starting to move almost into the "collector" car category. I have only ever seen one other M45X in Toronto here in the last 12 years and none recently. With our climate, even the G35 and M35 are no longer commonly seen.

I had to replace my steering rack about two years ago and they were still available then, but had to come from Japan. For some of the same reasons being experienced by you, I made the decision to replace any accessory parts, including hoses, seals, etc, at the same time, realizing parts were becoming more scarce.

So at some point we may have no choice but to go the route of having custom-made replacement parts built. These are not like Mustangs or VWs, nor even the G35 or M35. Some parts are also unique to the M45 and there is not enough volume for parts companies to make or keep "off-the-shelf" parts available. For those of us here in Canada, that is further aggravated by the fact many US parts companies do not ship outside the USA and we are a much smaller market.

That was the point I was trying to make. So now I have to make a decision on when to get rid of my car, while it still has some decent value. I really don't want to move into the "collector-car" owner category, as much as I love my car. In any case, the suggestion is much appreciated!!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”