2008 Infiniti G35 main dash wire harness melted!

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
rlblount254
Car: 2008 G35 Sedan w/nav and rearview cam

I have a 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan that i got a few months ago. Nothing was wrong with it till one day i got in it to go to the store and as i was backing out of my driveway a bunch of smoke came out of my dashboard. I pulled back into the driveway and shut the car off. Started to pull the dash apart when i found that the main dash wire harness melted at a fusable link as well as a wire pigtail that goes to the interior fuse box. Replaced the whole main dash harness and put the car back together just for it to start happening again. Tach doesn't work, ac controls are out, and won't shift out of park. Any ideas?????? The part number for the original harness ends with NA1A but the company i ordered the new one from sent me one where the part number ended with NA1C.
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised title

rlblount254
Car: 2008 G35 Sedan w/nav and rearview cam

any help or experience with this kind of problem would be greatly appreciated

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO! Sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Here's the link to the FSM for your car: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2008/ The index is actually at the bottom of the list. Make sure to check all your fuses and relays, and inspect the old contacts the new harness plugged into to see if they're good.

BTW, I revised your topic title to something that relates to your problem.

Pro Tip - USE THE CORRECT TITLE: That means, make sure your title has the topic at hand. Don't title something: "I have a question" or "Small concern" or "Help!". Instead title it: "Tire tpms question" or "Rear bumper paint issue". The idea is to attract the attention of those most likely to be able to assist you.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”