2008 - Gas Gauge issue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello,

The other day I noticed that upon starting the vehicle, the gas gauge was reading empty. Startled me a bit because it was just at half a tank.. I turned off the vehicle and checked under the vehicle to see if there was a gas leak or something and I couldn't find anything. I then went back to start the vehicle and it read roughly half a tank again and continued as normal.

Upon a quick Google search, I've noticed there is a recall on the Fuel Sender unit or something along those lines (For the Quest and Pathfinder I believe?), and that there are a lot of complaints regarding incorrect fuel gauge functionality.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this and how they went about fixing the issue?

Thanks,
Kris

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If they use it in your local fuel ethanol gives those fuel senders fits.

Karona
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Oh that's likely then, that sucks. I know there's stations where the premium gas doesn't have ethanol but I think the Rogue said regular gas only..

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

I had the sender unit replaced under warranty on my 2009 back when it had like 25K miles.

You have to take out of lift up the back seat to get to the gas tank.

Karona
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Oh ok, great. Thanks for the information, it's something I will definitely keep in mind if I notice any more issues, so far I've not seen it in nearly a week and the gauge seems accurate but since it happened I think 2 times so far, there's definitely something going on.

Return to “Rogue Forum”