2008 G37s Clutch Issue

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
sudo_chmod
Car: 2008 Infiniti G37s

Hello,

I'm helping a family member diagnose this problem. The clutch pedal on his 2008 G37s has lost pressure. The clutch will not engage.

He cannot afford much right now and certainly cannot afford to replace the clutch. Is there a possibility this issue is something other than a bad clutch like an air bubble in the hydraulic system, bad fluid or a bad master/slave cylinder?

He was told by a local garage that in order to diagnose the problem, the trans has to be dropped @$1000. I've never heard of a trans having to be dropped in order to diagnose a clutch problem. Is this true? He is being told $3500 for the clutch replacement. This too sounds incorrect to me - at least $2000 over what I would think it should be.

I'm hoping you guys can help verify what this mechanic is telling him and lend some feedback as to what this issue might be.

Thanks.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

sudo_chmod wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:07 pm
Hello,

I'm helping a family member diagnose this problem. The clutch pedal on his 2008 G37s has lost pressure. The clutch will not engage.

He cannot afford much right now and certainly cannot afford to replace the clutch. Is there a possibility this issue is something other than a bad clutch like an air bubble in the hydraulic system, bad fluid or a bad master/slave cylinder?

He was told by a local garage that in order to diagnose the problem, the trans has to be dropped @$1000. I've never heard of a trans having to be dropped in order to diagnose a clutch problem. Is this true? He is being told $3500 for the clutch replacement. This too sounds incorrect to me - at least $2000 over what I would think it should be.

I'm hoping you guys can help verify what this mechanic is telling him and lend some feedback as to what this issue might be.

Thanks.
Check out the FSM

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2008/CL.pdf

I had a similar problem on my 06 G35 and the clutch slave cylinder was replaced under warranty

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”