2008 G35x Custom Halo Light DRL Problems

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
pnancollas
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Hi, I just bought a 2008 G35x that had a lot of stuff done to it. One of the things it has is custom halo lights. When I first got the car, the halo lights would always be on, except if the headlight control was in the Off position. I normally keep it on the Auto setting, so if it's light outside the lights are off, and if it's dark outside the lights turn on, but the halo lights would be on either way (like a daytime running light).

The guy I bought it from also had a lot of other electrical stuff installed that I didn't want. I was going through uninstalling everything that I didn't want, and now that I'm done, the halo lights won't turn on in the auto setting unless it's dark outside, and then all of the lights are on. It's as if I somehow disabled the daytime running lights. For the most part I knew what wires I was pulling out, but I have to admit, I made a couple of guesses because he had some things in there I hadn't dealt with before.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I disconnected the battery while working on everything, so it may have just reset some setting, or it might be something I unplugged that I wasn't supposed to. The only wires I cut or unplugged that I wasn't sure about were down by the fuse box by the drivers seat. Everything else in the car still works as normal. If anyone has any idea how to get the DRLs working again, let me know.

Thanks.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Did you try looking at the electrical schematic diagram in the FSM?

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”