2008 FX45 Question

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
INeedAnInfiniti

Hello! I'm currently looking for my first Infiniti. I know I want an FX45 and I love the 2008 body style. I've located one for a fair price ($9k) and the owner has service records dating back to time of purchase. Maintenance and tune ups were done on time. No accidents. Car is immaculate inside and out. Why haven't I jumped on the deal? The miles. 160,000 miles put on in 8 years of driving all over our metro as a realtor and general contractor. How many miles is too many? I drive about 12,000 miles a year myself so how long could I expect the FX to last if I keep up with maintenance? Thanks for any and all advice.

slickhoosiers
Car: 2009 G37S Journey Sedan
2007 FX45

I've owned a 2007 FX45 since new, currently 112k miles. I've replaced front wheel bearing (when she was younger), and...that's it for actual problems. I perform nearly all of my own maintenance. I change transmission, differential, and coolant fluids at 50k mile intervals, just replaced the spark plugs at 108k miles. Recharged the AC once. Oh, almost forgot, the navigation DVD-ROM (under the front passenger seat) started to fail just after 90k miles. At about 105k miles, I replaced it with a unit pulled from a wrecked Armada. I regularly send engine oil samples to Blackstone Labs for analysis. Nothing alarming found, some lower end bearing metals, I fixed that with 0W-40 oil. If the maintenance records check out, I'd feel fine with a $9k price.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”