2008 EX35 won't shut engine down

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
pilotbob3

Had a weird problem today, got home and pushed button to switch off engine. The instrument panel shut down briefly, but the engine continued running. Instrument panel came back on showing service engine soon. Further pushes of the start button to shut the engine down just resulted in the same result. I ended up having to pull the fuses for the ignition system and that shut it down.

I replaced the battery a few weeks ago and it's been working fine. Is there any reset to the BCM module that has to be done after the battery is replaced?

Any ideas what could result in this behavior? Hate to take it to the stealership.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bob

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

interesting... I just did a few searches on Google and I guess it is very rare and might not return... I would unplug my battery for an hour or so to re-set the ECU and then cross my fingers that it doesn't return.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”