2008 Best New Road Trip Vehicles

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Finiti
Car: 2005 G35 cpe 6mt

Kelley Blue Book names EX35 as one of the 2008 best new road trip vehicles.

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/NewsAnd...23821

majorloser
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey

Funny thing is....

a Bugatti Veyron is in the same list.

SprayTech
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 2004 Infiniti G35X

I guess it was listed for getting to your trip destination the fastest , and it only costs a million and a half dollars . WTF for sure

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I imagine the Veyron is on the list because of it's combination of highway cruising prowess and luxurious interior.

Mark Booth

Yeah baby!!! Road trip!!!

My wife and I will be taking a 4,000+ mile round trip in the EX35 later this year to visit family. I expect to thoroughly enjoy the trip, particularly with the iPod (Podcasts... YES!) and XM Radio along to keep us entertained. (Nothing like a little National Lampoon Comedy Radio to break the monotony!)

FWIW, the purchase of the EX35 was partially due to our dislike for flying. I HATE just about everything about flying, except, of course, for the getting there quicker. But even getting their quicker can be a negative when you miss the gorgeous scenery that's available along the way.

My only regret about long road trips is that we inevitably hit sections of highway under construction which means rocks and gravel, which means rock chips in the paint! Ugh!

Mark

SprayTech
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 2004 Infiniti G35X

Hey Mark , have this put on your vehicle http://solutions.3m.com/wps/po...umer/ We have it done at our dealership , works great and its fairly thin and unnoticeable , I am going to have it done due to the slightly slope of the hood on the EX35 .

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Actually, I had been wondering whether this 3M film would work well on the top of the rear bumper, since there's no scuff plate there.

infinitigurl
Car: All Infiniti's- I sell them

The Scotchguard paint protection film is great for any surface on the vehicle that might get damaged. Alot of my customers get it behind their door handles as well to protect from finger nails/ keys /etc. The only thing about it is that right now our dealership is not recomending the use of this product on the EX35 due to the scratchshield paint. No one is sure if this protection film will damage the clear coat. If you are not looking to take it off for the life of the vehicle, then you have no worries... I lave this product and recomend it to as many of my customers as possible!

kullenberg

Mark:We are taking our EX on a trip out your way, next month from NC. We do this twice a year, as all my wife's family is in SOCAL. I think it's going to be the ideal long trip vehicle, for just the 2 of us (+ a small dog) I also have gotten to where I hate flying (and I used to do it for a living) . If this real estate market ever settles out, and we can sell our house here, we'll move back to CA.

CheersPat

Mark Booth

I didn't have a "clear bra" put on for the very reason infinitigurl mentions. How it will work/respond with the scratch shield paint is an unknown.

That said, despite me being VERY careful about following distances, my EX already has 3 small rock nicks in the paint on the bumper and one small rock nick in the curved edge of the hood. These are all big enough that they won't "fill in" from the scratch shield paint. But the worst nick damage is to the black plastic lower portion of the front bumper. Already over a dozen very tiny "pin prick" type of nicks in the black plastic. You can feel them better than you can see them. And this is an area that would not be covered by the clear bra.

Maybe I'll put a clear bra on my next EX after others have been the guinea pig for 2-3 years!

Mark

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”