2008 Altima Acceleration Issue

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
jalker
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima SE4

I have a 2008 Nissan Alitma with about 133,000 miles now. Over the last 4 years over long distances, I have been driving only on the highway and I have it in the manual setting and I notice when I go to down shift, it will not downshift and then I try to accelerate and I have to push the peddle to the floor for it to 30 seconds later start picking up speed slowly but my RPMs are very very high and I am not even picking up enough speed. It only does this on long distances. I stay local I am find but longer than 30 minutes it will always do this. I have tried driving the car in the automatic setting and it does not matter it will happen. The only way I can basically reset it for lack of a better word, is leaving my car off for a extended period of time. I have brought it to mechanics and basically they say there is nothing wrong with it. I also hear a loud for lack of better word high pitch whining noise when it does it. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I'm going to move this to the Altima forum instead of the Z forum.
The altima has a CVT, so the high RPM thing under heavy throttle is normal. Do you have the 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine? Do you happen to have a video of the speedometer and tach when you go full throttle (when the problem exists)?

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”