2007 Versa long crank times

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
VJZ

Hello,

We own a 2007 Versa SL CVT and recently it developed longer than normal crank times before running.

We had it in at the dealer and they said it would cost $660.

Where can I get the part and do it myself? I don't have $660.

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

That was happening to mine and I replaced the four year old battery. Instantly turns over now.

Francesco

Common problem is a leaking fuel regulator in the tank. Turn on only the ignition and wait 5 seconds before engaging the starter. If it starts right up or is much quicker it confirms that the fuel pressure is bleeding down. Most likely cause is the fuel regulator since there is a service bulletin (NTB07-094c) on it, however, it can also be caused by a leaking fuel injector.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 22700 mi

Weekend_warrior
Car: Versa Hatch back....

We have the same issue. My fiance has a 2008 Versa with long cranktimes. I told her to try the 5 second thing, but have not heard back. The issue didn't start until recently. I assumed fuel filter is clogged. going to try that and if it helps.

Also, does anyone know if there is a test vavle for a fuel gauge and if so, do you know what it is supposed to be at idle? That way I can see it if its spec and if it leaks with the car turned on.....

I've not had a chance to open the hood yet. This started on Sunday afternoon. Also, keep in mind that its been over 100 degress around here everyday and we also have a lot of places here that use 10% ethonal if that makes a difference.

Also, just heard back.... Started up no problems at lunch.....

Is this service bulliten a warrenty issue?

Francesco

Weekend_warrior,

You are right about the heat which makes it worse. The service bulletin test, checks to see if the fuel pressure has dropped below 29 PSI after 30 minutes with the engine shut off. I assume if it meets the warranty time and mileage conditions it will be covered under warranty. And depending on the dealer, it may be covered if you just exceeded the time and mileage by a small amount.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 22800 mi

PolskaONE
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6L

I was cranking but not starting. I had to crank it for about 2 minutes till some good fuel got up. I know this is an old post. I recently got bit (and bitten hard) by using E-85 fuel in my 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 L manual transmission. Glad it was only 3 gallons of E-85 (E85) fuel. If I open the user manual in the glove compartment the vendor manual states the regulated fuel to use. E-85 means it is 85% ethanol or other. My Nissan Vendor manual said my versa does not have fuel system lines to support E-85. I recommend all users be careful when fueling up at the pump. -your PolskaOne

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”