2007 Tiida clutch bleeding help

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
brad22345

I have a 2007 Nissan Tiida 6 speed manual (Australian model ie. steering and pedals on the right side of car). When I was downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear the cap on what I assume is the bleeder on the slave cylinder popped off and the fluid came out and let air in. When this happened the clutch pedal lost all pressure and now it stays depressed and I have to manually lift it up. I've tried to air bleed the slave by connection a tube to the bleeder cap and then pumping the clutch to push the air out. At first, air came out but now its just the fluid coming out (no bubbles anymore) but now I'm not sure how to go about taking the tube out and putting the cap back on the bleeder as if I take the tube out won't it just suck air back in? The clutch still has no pressure and stays depressed. Also on a side note, the clutch and brake share the same fluid reservoir.

Not sure if I've explained this very well (not too good with cars), any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pictures, not sure if they will help:

What I think is the slave cylinder:

Close up of the slave/bleeder, tube I used to bleed still connected:

Clutch stuck in:

Break/clutch reservoir:

What I think is the master cylinder:

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Hey Brad - Welcome aboard!

Your images didn't show up in your post, but I'm not sure why - you included them properly.

OK, a few things come to mind:

Downshifting (or any driving) won't cause the cap to pop off. No worries, not important.
If something came off the clutch slave or master cylinder and fluid came out, then you're likely needing a new component. The bleeder isn't easily removed - in other words, there's no real way to introduce air into the system unless something breaks. Unfortunately, they're plastic, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

I'm almost positive your clutch and brake do NOT share a common reservoir.

Here's some info on bleeding your clutch that may be helpful: http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... 7/hatch/CL

brad22345

Hey AZhitman, thanks for the reply and warm welcome.

With the images, they seem to work for me if I right click them and press open in new tab (using google chrome).

I managed to temporarily put the cap back on by just putting a hose clamp over it. This managed to put pressure back in the clutch but unfortunately after pressing it a few times it broke again. From the document you linked me, I think the part that's broken the lock pin/clutch tubing where it connects to the slave (seen on page 12 of the document) as the tubing was blown off and is now completely disconnected. I'll try replacing the part, might be a bit hard sourcing it as the car isn't very common in Australia, do you think parts from a Versa would fit?

Thanks again.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I would imagine Versa parts are identical, yes.

Double check all of your lines to ensure there's no restrictions... seems odd that there would be that kind of pressure in the CMC.

Keep us posted?

Cheers!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Links fixed for photos. I added .jpg to the end and an i. to the front.

Amazingly enough and rather uncommon, the reservoir is shared... I see this on '07 Sentras also. WTH Nissan?!

Anyway, replace the broken slave cylinder. While doing that, inspect your clutch for issues. Perhaps the slave broke because the clutch is broke.

Tida is Versa. Get the FSM for instructions with installation and bleeding. See here for clutch:
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... 7/hatch/CL

theclash69

brad22345 wrote:I have a 2007 Nissan Tiida 6 speed manual (Australian model ie. steering and pedals on the right side of car). When I was downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear the cap on what I assume is the bleeder on the slave cylinder popped off and the fluid came out and let air in. When this happened the clutch pedal lost all pressure and now it stays depressed and I have to manually lift it up. I've tried to air bleed the slave by connection a tube to the bleeder cap and then pumping the clutch to push the air out. At first, air came out but now its just the fluid coming out (no bubbles anymore) but now I'm not sure how to go about taking the tube out and putting the cap back on the bleeder as if I take the tube out won't it just suck air back in? The clutch still has no pressure and stays depressed. Also on a side note, the clutch and brake share the same fluid reservoir.

Not sure if I've explained this very well (not too good with cars), any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pictures, not sure if they will help:

What I think is the slave cylinder:

Close up of the slave/bleeder, tube I used to bleed still connected:

Clutch stuck in:

Break/clutch reservoir:

What I think is the master cylinder:
Hi Centralcoaster

Just wondering if you managed to fix the bleeder cap blowing issue with the clutch
I have a 2006 Tiida - yes - I am in Australia but technical info or help via forums here is very hard to find
I am having the same problem - any info or knowledge you can share would be greatly appreciated

brad22345

Hey clash69, I've had no progress so far. I ordered a replacement part for the part of the clutch line that connects to the slave cylinder. Part took 3 weeks to come in and didn't fix the problem at all, as soon as I get any pressure in the clutch either the cap blows off or the whole part comes off. I have decided to try and replace the whole slave cylinder, I'll let you know how it goes.

bh_slo32
Car: Tiida

Hi,
Just wondering if you managed to resolve this issue and if so what was the cause of the problem? I am wondering if it is the O-rings that internally seal either side of the bleeder valve.

Thanks

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi bh_slo32, welcome to NICO Club!

How many miles are on your car and when was the last time the clutch was replaced? Did you replace the slave cylinder when installing a clutch? Did your cap pop off while shifting? What happened that brought you here? Brad likely got his new slave cylinder and it's working fine I figure. I know that's an assumption, but if he had further issues, he'd have likely posted here.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”