2007 Sentra Throttle Problems

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Yaemish
Car: 2007 2.0 Sentra

My wife has a 2007 Sentra and she started complaining about it feeling sluggish and surging. It only has 65,000K on it so I figured that I should clean the throttle body and that it was probably sticking. I did it, not realizing that I needed to do a re-learn procedure. I've done the procedures (throttle position, idle air, and whatever the third one was called). It looked to me like the throttle was where it should be, ~700 or 800 RPM at idle.

She says that it seems to be using excessive amounts of gas and that the RPMs are sky high when it starts on cold mornings. I'm guessing that I need to replace the throttle body but I'm not sure. I figured I would ask people with some experience. Oh, and it is throwing P0507 now.

Thank you

macgiver

mac,I'm "old school" and a lot of old school maint. and ideas can go awry with today's cars -like yours having a non mechanical / via pedal throttle but instead a "drive by wire" actuator motor for throttle.A Google of your code, based on what you TRIED :facepalm: comes up a VERY tricky and precise "learn" of the ECM/throttle parameters.Hope fully it's just a matter of several attempts- like practice- you'll get a proper setting. But the most important LEARN here :blush: , I've been there -done wrong too- is to fully research anything you even THINK of doing to your car, Google the crap! :rotflmao I even , on many projects get paper/pencil and jot every step ,R & R, what part - when removed , bread tying bolts even to their respective part,Smartphone photos/video even - is what I many times do these days. Good luck, G. :cool:

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”