2007 QX56 will not start in cold weather.

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
winbuma
Car: 2007 Infiniti QX56

Hello all.

I need help. My QX56 will not start today. Temperature dropped to 40 degrees. This is my 3rd winter this has happened. Basically cant drive until late Narch once we get up to 75 or 80 degrees. This year I want to resolve. It has been to 3 mechanics and 1 dealership. At first thought it was the after market auto starter. Dealer had me remove. It was malfunctioning. One mechanic stated battery, something electrical, etc. New battery did help for a few days. Once the truck would sit for a few days would not start. Sorry for being all over the place. It's been exhausting but I dont want to sell it. Thinking about taking it bck to the dealership. Any advise would be helpful

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Sounds like a parasitic amperage draw on the battery, killing the cold cranking amps the battery should have or a voltage drop in the cable from the battery to the starter. That voltage drop test may be easy to diagnose wrong if it is done without the starter being under load. Even seasoned mechanics can make this mistake. This video explains it very well.>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfLyh43 ... dingersBox

winbuma
Car: 2007 Infiniti QX56

Thnks for the information

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”