2007 QX56 no air for driver and passenger (actuator?)

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
temxs
Car: 2006 Infinity G35 Sedan

Hi everyone,

The problem is that everyone gets Air Vent except the front (driver and passenger, no air at all front vent). The feet for both at the front is functional and so is defroster/dash vents, the back is functional as well. If I point to the front for passenger and driver there is no air. After some research I suspected the Air Door actuator as the culprit. I was hearing clicking noise from the passenger side and brought me to the actuator issue. However, as some of you experts know it could have been a coincidence and I am feeling lost. I took apart under the glove box what looked like my replacement part and found out it was a heater/AC actuator and nothing to do with vent direction. I need to find out if I'm in the right diagnosis with the actuator I now own or if there is something else going on. If it is the Air Door Actuator and I was right, where is it located ??

I have been at this with the father in law for a while now, I ordered the air door actuator (hopefully the cause of this), but can't find it.

Any thoughts or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Note: There are no Infiniti dealerships in the area and Nissan at my location will not help due to lack of expertise in the QX56.

Any mechanical jargon is welcome as the father in law is a local mechanic. I just want a solution and help in this matter.

Thank you so much for reading, I apologize for the lengthy story.

Nick.
Last edited by temxs on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macgiver

I am in warm climate , and so what I did with a previous vehicle with " VENT "not actuated properly was, and this is ME now , I could care less for LO ,( Hi-LO ,upper & lower -still didn't give a hoot) I WIRED THE VENT , I had SOLID (Upper) VENTING LOCKED & LOADED 100 % (tie wire buddy !) :rotflmao Never looked back :yesnod

macgiver the K'niver :spitout:

temxs
Car: 2006 Infinity G35 Sedan

Hi macgiver, I rephrased my topic, it isn't a low issue, it is a no air at all issue. However bypassing might not be a bad idea but the new born can't freeze at the back if it is set to max

macgiver

Right it would definitely be great with individual "adjusters" , then you taylor ea. vent to suit you & passengers , when one tries what I did - mine though WERE STRAIGHT thru !! Only flip-up and OFF I had for an option ,ya know.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”