2007 Quest sliding door plastic falling out

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
olivefarmer
Car: 2007 Quest

I tried to search for this; found lots of power slider issues/info but not this. The "dumb" driver side door plastic (the whole piece) is falling out. I can't open the door because of this. I've tried to sort of knock it back in there but I can't see how/where it's fastened in there if that makes sense. I don't want to make it worse blindly smacking away at it. Is this something you need to remove the door to fix, or can someone point me to some pictures that might help me make sense? School is starting in a week and I kind of need 2 working doors. Any help is beyond appreciated.

I even thought about removing the darn thing completely but all that batting behind it and smallish kids...seems unwise.

far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

Normally, you'd find a bunch of white plastic rivets along the side and bottom edges of the panels, and the top just hangs on the window frame.
There would be a few screws under the caps around door handles and such. You'd have to remove those to remove the panel.
I would recommend downloading the FSM from this site and checking the chassis section on door hardware repairs.

olivefarmer
Car: 2007 Quest

Thank you! I should have thought to look at the files. Give me a picture, I can usually fix it.

Return to “Quest Forum”