2007 Nissan Sentra Possible Spring

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
pr0lab

Hi all,

I’ve been having problem with my airbag light flashing on my 2007 Nissan Sentra and a reset did not work. After some time my horn stopped working which lead me to think that the problem might be in the Spiral Cable/ Clock Spring.

Does that sound reasonable? What part number should I buy? The only thing that I was able to fine on Amazon is 25567-ET025 but those are around $20-$30 and are not OEM.
Is this the right part number and is it fine to get the non-OEM part?

cybershot762
Car: 2012 Sentra S, 2.0L, CVT

Have you had the car scanned for codes yet?

pr0lab

No, nothing was scanned. I don't want to go to the dealer and pay $70 just to run a diagnostic.

cybershot762

You could possibly have a bad impact sensor/wiring issue etc, and a bad horn or horn relay etc. I'd hate to see you replacing something that isn't the issue

pr0lab

Could it be a bad wiring/ senor issue, even if the airbag light is blinking? I though this was the indicator to bad clock spring?
Is there a simple way to check the wiring issue for the horn?

pr0lab

Could it be a bad wiring/ senor issue, even if the airbag light is blinking? I though this was the indicator to bad clock spring?
Is there a simple way to check the wiring issue for the horn?

cybershot762

For the horn, start by checking fuse, also listen if the horn relay clicks when pad is pressed down. You could also go right to the horn and apply power and ground and see if it works, if it doesn't work it's a bad horn. As far as the airbag, without knowing the code or codes it's hard to tell what the issue might be. Usually when it's an impact sensor related code, you can swap the sensors side to side and see if the code changes with location, then you know you have a bad sensor.

pr0lab

Thank you! will check. It's probably not the fuse because the horn works once for every 10-20 times I press it.
I will try applying power on the horn.
Regarding the impact sensor - would that no be part of the clock spring assembly? I don't think there is anything between the airbag and the clock spring (or is there?)?

cybershot762

Horn-could be a relay getting stuck, corrosion on the horn contacts, or bad horn switch etc. Impact sensors are near front of the vehicle, when you get hit they send the signal to the airbags to deploy. Some auto part stores might be able to check the airbag codes for free. That will certainly help you fix the issue

pr0lab

Thank you very much. Is there a diagram online that I can refer to in order to check/ self-diagnose the horn switch/ impact sensor?

cybershot762

Either might be hard to find online. The first step I would take is getting your airbag codes read. That will tell you which direction to go in. Whether it be an impact sensor or possibly occupant sensor etc. As far as the horn, go right to the horn itself and check the connections for corrosion and then apply power and ground. If You had a scan tool you could also go into the BCM and go to the horn pid to see if when you press the horn it registers, that would rule out the horn switch... I'm not sure if auto part stores allow scan tool rental...

cybershot762

cybershot762 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm
Either might be hard to find online. The first step I would take is getting your airbag codes read. That will tell you which direction to go in. Whether it be an impact sensor or possibly occupant sensor etc. As far as the horn, go right to the horn itself and check the connections for corrosion and then apply power and ground. If You had a scan tool you could also go into the BCM and go to the horn pid to see if when you press the horn it registers, that would rule out the horn switch... I'm not sure if auto part stores allow scan tool rental...
check the service manual section above for wiring diagrams

pr0lab

I was able to go to a store and scan the airbag codes: B1054 & B1049. These do not address the horn I guess but do you have any advice on how to tackle these?

pr0lab

Hi folks, just wanted to follow up

cybershot762

was the car in an accident? With some research, yes it may be clockspring, but it could be the SRS control unit, etc

pr0lab

no, it actually started after I replaced speakers and engine mount repair.

cybershot762

Did you unhook the battery, take dash apart, take any seats out for an amp? How did you try to reset the system?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I would suspect the clockspring right off the bat if both horn and airbag problems show up at the same time, them both breaking is too odd to be simple individual problems although in another world it's possible. Any other steering wheel controls like cruise or radio? See if they have quit as well.

pr0lab

No - everything else works fine actually.
Based on the VIN is says that I need the entire unit (switch combo) but I don't need all the switches that comes with it and would prefer to just get the clockspring. Any idea if these are interchangeable for Nissan?

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”