2007 Nissan Quest Windshield Wiper Not Working

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
dcel22
Car: 2007 Nissan Quest

Hi,

I have a 2007 Nissan Quest where the windshield wipers are not working. I checked the fuse and that seems to be good. When reading in the factory service manual in the windshield wiper section, I see the below text:

Both front wiper relays are located in the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room).

When I look at the power ground portion of the manual and find the info on the IPDM, I do not see the front wiper relay or the front wiper high relay listed. Can someone please help me find these!?

Thanks!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

I believe the wiper relays are integrated into the IPDM and are not replaceable. If the relay is the issue then that means the entire IPDM would need to be replaced.

It is possible that the windshield wiper motor is bad also.

There is an auto self-test of the IPDM that you can do to test the IPDM functions.

Take a look at pages 23-25 for more info on the IPDM self-test

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... 7_Quest/pg

dcel22
Car: 2007 Nissan Quest

Thanks for the reply! It looks like the linkage bushing is bad. I can pop it back into place but it will come back off. Does anyone know where I can find this part? I searched online and stopped in at O'Reily's but haven't had luck. It looks like I can by the entire linkage system for $65 online but if I can get away with under $10 for the bushing I'd rather do that. I'm assuming the dealership would have it. Just wondering about any other options. Ideally something where it could get shipped as the dealer isn't all that close.

Thanks!
Joe

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

well, you probably would have to get the bushing off of another Quest at junkyard.

Is this what yours look like??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-Wip ... Sj&vxp=mtr

Return to “Quest Forum”