2007 M35x - Suspension question and misc - "Japanese virgin"

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
docgary
Car: 2007 M35

As my 2007 M35x is my very first Japanese car, I have some general quiries...

I'm curious as to how some of you compare the M35s suspension in aggressive cornering to that of the German cars. Specifically, body roll, tracking, over/under steering and overall fun.

For the last 16 years, I've had the fortune in owning BMWs('94 325i, '97 540i), Mercedes ( '97 SL 500, '99 CLK 320) and Porsche ('98 Carerra) IMHO, all the German cars excel in great suspension - tight with just enough damping!

My expectation in the M35x was a luxury sedan with secondary sports car features. After driving it for 2000 miles - 1 month- I'm still hesitant to get aggressive in the corners. My 2007 M35x is completely stock - no mods.

In addition to inability to hook up my Sprint Treo 650, I've noticed off-the-wall tire pressure computer reads (about 7 psi high) and a permanent failure to open the trunk with the remote. In fact, both remotes do not work, forcing me to use the key.

Thanks in advance - looking forward to replies.......

eccentric
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

better take it back to the dealer and YELL! You paid $50 sumodd thousand for that car, I have it too..and for that price, everything should work, Just my thooughts

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

First, I would definitely endorse the prior post - definitely get the dealer to fix the problem with the TPMS and the remotes. The blue-tooth is another story ... not all phones are cleanly compatible and this will improve down the road, but of limited hope to you now.

Second, tires make all the difference in the world. I am always somewhat surprised that the Nissan/Infiniti factory choices are not better ...

On the M35X, the OEM tires are probably an "all-season" of some sort - these tend to be very poor in terms of overall performance. If yours are Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires, then I would make an effort to replace them as soon as practical/possible! These are poor to mediocre tires, overly expensive too, and undermine the car's handling a lot.

Finally, keep in mind that an AWD car is going to handle differently from a well-designed RWD ... not necessarily bad, just different and this takes a bit of getting used to. So, comparing to the German brands you mention is not an apples-to-apples handling comparison per se (of course, those are all excellent cars too)!

The handling between the M35X and the M35 Sport is a good example of that difference as well, although the tires on the Sport models (Bridgestone RE-050A's on the Sport model) probably accounts for some significant portion of that difference.

Regardless, welcome to the Infiniti club!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”