2007 m35x - Power seat forward back issue

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Infin Crazy
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

Hey Guys,

I have an issue with the power driver seat on my 07 m35x. It will not move forward and back and looking to fix but not sure where to start. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

DETAILS:

When the forward/ back switch is engaged only ONE side moves and then grinds to a halt after moving a few inches.

I have done lots of reading, but not sure if it needs (...or even has) the plastic gears to be replaced or if there is a bigger issue. I have downloaded and read the service manual seat section , but couldn't find anything addressing this specific issue.

As winter is coming ( I live in Ontario, Canada) my wife and I may need to swap cars when the weather gets bad I am 6'2 and it is all the way back which works great for me , but she is much shorter and can't dirive it as it is . So I need to get this fixed before I get the wrath of wifey!

Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for your time guys.

Jim

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Sounds like motor issue under the seat. Take a look at the FSM in my signature and see if there are any immediate steps you can try in there.

Infin Crazy
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

Ilya wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:06 am
Sounds like motor issue under the seat. Take a look at the FSM in my signature and see if there are any immediate steps you can try in there.
I will take a look and report back.

FYI- The seat motor is working it is just not moving the one side which leads me to believe it's an issue with the gear on the non moving side. I could really use some info on how the mechanics of the forward/back mechanism work.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yeah that's what I meant by motor, sorry. The little wheel is probably spinning...maybe it somehow got dislodged?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”