2007 M35X heated seats shut off by themsleves

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jhatty
Car: M35x

Have a '07 M35X with heated and cooled seats. When I turn the seats to cooled or heat they run for a minute or so and then shut off. However, if I turn the car on, let it idle and get out, turn the seats on they will remain on until I get in the car. Thought it might be a flow issue, and that the heating element got too hot and shut down for safety purposes, does not matter if setting is to cool or heat.

Took shop vacuum to seats to suck out any debris and try to open us the flow. Didn't work. Really don't want to spend a ton of cash to get this diagnosed & fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Have you tried replacing the seat filters? Takes 2 minutes, if that.

jhatty

Yes replaced the filter - still have the issue.

jhatty

Update - just removed the filter again and tried to clean out anything around the fan. Seems like the cooling is working but heat still only stays on for a minute if that. Opened up the back of the drivers seat to let more air in and around the fans, thinking the unit was getting too hot. Can't imagine it gets too hot since it only runs for a less than a minute, maybe 20 seconds or so.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

May be worth getting the FSM in my signature (FAQ thread will have the link) and doing any troubleshooting steps listed there.

jhatty

No help here, but thanks anyway. Looks like this is an issue that must be dealt with by the dealer and a load of cash. Will probably just leave it. M35X is such a money pit! Looking to dump this cash hole and pick up a Camry!

steelcity
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I've had this same issue since last year. I keep forgetting to mention it to the dealer out of curiosity. No problem with the cool seats. Heated goes off after 20-30 seconds.

georgy_d28

I have a base 07 M35 with the cooled/ heated seats. the Drivers side works a well as to be expected, but if you move the passengers too far back or too far reclined the light flashes and turns off. new filters and a brief inspection has not improved its function.

BlackCat81
Car: 2006 M35x
2003 Lexus GX470

I literally just got done diagnosing the exact same issue on an 07 M35 here at work. It has a faulty climate control seat module. Part#873D7-EH00A it's roughly $285 for the part. I can walk you through replacing it as well if you need it. It's a small black box held in my 2 screws under the seat bottom. In a weird twist of events, the car I'm working on has the same issue on BOTH front seats, not just one. Luckily for me, my personal 06 M sits inside and I was able to swap the part to verify, since the service manual is worthless trying to diag this issue. :)

rothnh
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35X

Just to revisit this same issue on my 2007 M35X.. I had the same issue.. seat cooling working fine and seatr heating would shut off in less than a minute. The car would need to be restarted to reset it back. The advice out of this posting was accurate. I picked up the part used on ebay for about $20. It is called: CCS Module 100-1280-C. In fact I replaced 100-1280-D. Here is the process I took on to make it work. Surprisingly it took about an hour to do and I am not the most mechanical guy.]

Remove cover on four seat bolts (two in each front and rear). This actual proved a be bit tricky. A small clip holds each on.
Remove the four bolts holding the seat down (2 front, 2 rear)
Tilt seat back and disconnect 3 electrical plugs (one yellow, two white). On the rear right there is a sort of rod that goes into the floor (located by the bolt). It did not prove to be an issue.
Unhook three three snap-on locations where the main wire is connected to the seat frame. Two were fine and one broke. Easily fixed later with a plastic tie.
Remove seat and put it upside down on a table to work on. I removed the seat from the driver side front. It was not hard. Fixing it in the car was not realistic.
Loosen three straps (easy) held on by white half-moon clips.
Remove back cover (w two screws)
Prepare to replace CCS unit. There are two screws to loosen (rear of seat) and two connectors. Replace.
Reverse steps
Putting the replacement covers back on top of the bolts was the hardest portion (ODD!)

During the process I removed some of lower plastic covers. The knobs came off on the seat controls. They need to just be pushed back in. Nothing fancy.

Tested the new unit and heating stayed on. I will add some photos later.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”