2007 M35 P2101 (Fixed: Replaced Throttle Body)

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Longanisa707
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35

Just bought a used 2007 M35 and 2 days later its in limp mode

scan results in P2101, tried deleting and comes right back. remains in limp mode
i'm aware of the throttle position sensor recall and im having it towed to a dealer tomorrow to perform the maintenance, im just unclear if the P2101 and throttle position sensor and limp mode are all related. when i research P2101 it seems to point toward the electronic throttle body

would appreciate any insight. thank you.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Check the links in my signature for the FSM. It should have steps to troubleshoot most if not all codes. That may help you narrow down the issue.

Longanisa707

Just to close out my own thread. replacing the throttle body fixed it. no more limp mode. made another discovery too.

view of throttle body after removing intake

and this is the backside of the throttle body

the stock airbox was filled with bits of foam from idk where. i took the airbox out and shook it over the garbage bin and way too much foreign debris emptied out of it. mainly foam.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

WOW. That's REALLY bad. Thank you for looping back and updating the thread though, glad you got it fixed!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

That's a head scratcher. What the heck could have been in the intake tube / filter that would have disintegrated and clogged the valve body? That doesn't look like it came from any K&N filter material. I reckon whatever got past the valve body would have been burned off in combustion (i hope).

Longanisa707

no clue. im not familiar with these cars but only thing i can think of is that the stock intake/airbox was previously lined with foam from the factory? i dont think thats the case though.

prior to me buying the car. former owner said that it was misfiring so he paid a shop to change all the spark plugs and coils.

whatever shop this was missed that the engine was ingesting foam.

also the downstream o2 sensor's are throwing codes. most likely caused by foam combustion id imagine. i plan on pulling the sensors and cleaning the probes to clear the codes. if that doesnt work then ill change em.

Chunjee
Car: Infiniti M45

If foam made it into the exhaust there is no way it would make it past the catalytic converter(s)
If misfires persists; inspect for clogged exhaust.

But hopefully anything in the cylinder got burned up thoroughly. There is a small bead of foam around the airfilter cover.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”