2007- Infiniti m35x wipers problem. Pls advice!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
leuparaleu
Car: Infiniti m35x

My window wipers are acting weird.
So basically when ever i turn them on... they work fine for about 10 seconds then they stop for like 20 seconds and resume to
working fine again for 10 seconds and the cycle repeat it self. for three times . After I have to move the switch in another position and another there cycles
They would shut off in a random position, sometimes in the middle of the windshield sometime at the very top of the windshield.. etc... sometimes to their normal position.
In the 20 sec off period they won't react if I want to start them again

Does anyone have any input to what might be wrong or what is should change and replace.

Thanks

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Welcome to the forum. Perhaps your wiper motor is on the fritz and/or possessed?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Sounds like the relay, or a loose connection, mor the actual motor. Take it to the dealer for an oil / filter change and have them check them, and the rest of the car.

ibmarcusb
Car: 1994 Infiniti G20 and 2000 Infiniti I30

I think you may need to pay attention to how hard its raining. The rain sensor makes them automatic so the speed varies accordingly. It bothers me too but i have to say the sensor is pretty accurate.

EdBwoy

It depends on the speed. If you have them set at the highest speed, then after a few swipes they will lose power wherever they are. I believe the wiper circuit has circuit breakers like the power windows, but I'm not certain.

For shi*ts & giggles, watch a parked but running car with the wipers on maximum. Quite a violent action, I must say.
It happened in my 08 since I left the wipers on auto in a storm with the car in my driveway. I thought someone was trying to break into it by rocking it.

Sstupid
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

Hahaha! This problem plagued me for years on my 2007 M45. If I left it on High Speed for more than a few minutes, that would happen. I never bothered trying to resolve. I just used RainX. That car was struck and totaled. My 2006 M45 does not have this issue. My theory was always that the wiper motor would basically heat up and and require so much current to run that the over-current circuit would kick in. Then, when the rain water cooled it a little, it would continue running.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”