2007 Infiniti M35 No AC No gauges work

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
abesvenom
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35

I just got a 2007 Infiniti M35. The gauges on the cluster and climate air don’t work. I found the AC amplifier module behind the climate buttons above the CD player toasted. I replaced it with a good used one, but as soon as I hooked it up it smoked.

Something is over loading that board burning the chip inside. All my fuses and relays are fine. The car starts and drives fine as well, it’s just that I have no AC no air and cluster gauges don’t work. I need to drive it to get it ready for smog and I can’t. I ordered three other AC amplifier module boxes but I don’t want to hook them up and burn them. What’s causing that circuit to overload? I have three fuse boxes by the passenger fender and battery all those check OK and the fuse box by driver foot checks OK as well. Fuses 10, 11, 12, 17, 18 are all good. What the hell is causing the AC amplifier module to over heat and burn? Only certain part of it, one capacitor is burning which is causing the issue with gauges and climate but the rest of the board is OK, because if I disconnect it and the car is running it over heats so it cuts off the fan and other lights turn on on dash, so I keep it connected because it does more than one job which is. Help please!
Note: the Cabin air filter seemed very, very dirty and had a big bend in the paper, so I replaced it with a new one. After reading about the blower motor in another post, I am gonna check the relay tomorrow and maybe I can jump the blower motor to make sure it's working. That sucker could be seized, causing my AC amplifier to fry as well, and cluster gauges not working.

Unbelievable if that would be the case. I would be so glad I came across that post, I will post follow up with what I find out for every body to read.
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Duplicate post deleted.

Welcome to NICO!

Sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I know you're anxious to get this resolved, but cross-posting (i.e. posting the same message in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing and often counterproductive. Please choose the forum topic that is closest to your post, and place it there only. If you should create a post in one forum, and later realize it would be more appropriate in another forum, please delete the original before posting it again. Thanks!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You might have a short in the wiring if all of the fuses and relays are working as they should. You can get the Factory Service Manual in my signature or in Rogue's signature...that will give you the wiring diagrams you need.

abesvenom

I was watching some utube videos and I came across some informations. The blower motor might be seized causing the AC amplifier to fry. It’s also possible that blower relay could be causing this issue as well it’s the botttom one behind the fuse box located by driver foot. The cabin filter had a large wired bent to it towards the inside of fan and was very very dirty I bet you anything it’s the blower motor because it stoped working. I still haven’t had the chance to test the relay the motor yet luckily it’s easy to get to both of them the motor is held with three screws only above passenger foot and luckily I have few g35s at home I can swap parts to see what’s going on will update as soon as I find out thanks

Sstupid
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

In cases like this, if you suspect the blower motor, simply unplug it and try to fire up the system. If it blows again, it wasn’t the fan. Btw, if it is just a cap that is frying, those are generally easy to source and replace if you know how to solder.

abesvenom

So i i finally found out was that the AC compressor has a control valve on the side of it that was drawing too much amps so i removed the AC compressor and i ordered a new control valve for it then replaced it and God be hold everything went back to normal and sold the car.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”