2007 Infiniti M35 catback system recommendations?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
joey1221joey
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport

Hey guys, I just got a Infiniti M35 recently. I was looking into getting a catback system to really liven the car up.
I was wondering what you guys have, whether it be custom or a direct fitting catback.
Was also wondering if any g35 parts, intakes and all will be a direct fit for the M35?
Also, does anyone have any info on the exact gearing of the trans and rear end?

Any help is appreciated thanks!
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Intake stuff I believe is nearly all direct bolt on with no issues at all. I dont know about the exhaust, but I do know the engine in the M sits an inch or two farther back in the engine bay and so while the M is 2" longer than the G, if the engine really is farther back then the exhaust may all be the same.

Personally I like custom exhaust, it is way more fun. Do some searches on here for other exhaust posts and threads and you will find some more info on different types of parts and hopefully some active links to vids of members here with stuff like Megan exhaust to see how things sound.
Im actually about to redo mine in the next month or so again too :)

vabrova
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x
2001 Infiniti I30t

After spending hours scouring youtube for the sound I wanted I settled on Megan. Deep rumble with no drone but something that was lively at high rpms - I got exactly what I was looking for in the full catback (no other exhaust mods).

joey1221joey

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:53 pm
Intake stuff I believe is nearly all direct bolt on with no issues at all. I dont know about the exhaust, but I do know the engine in the M sits an inch or two farther back in the engine bay and so while the M is 2" longer than the G, if the engine really is farther back then the exhaust may all be the same.

Personally I like custom exhaust, it is way more fun. Do some searches on here for other exhaust posts and threads and you will find some more info on different types of parts and hopefully some active links to vids of members here with stuff like Megan exhaust to see how things sound.
Im actually about to redo mine in the next month or so again too :)
Ive seen more and more of the megan exhaust, the more i see it the more I want it!
currently theres one for sale on ebay, but it says its for the m35/45 now im wondering if both exhaust system are in the same indectical place for the 6 and 8 cyl or if ill have to do some more "fitting"
many thanks :mike

joey1221joey

vabrova wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:00 pm
After spending hours scouring youtube for the sound I wanted I settled on Megan. Deep rumble with no drone but something that was lively at high rpms - I got exactly what I was looking for in the full catback (no other exhaust mods).
Im glad theres no drone, I really dont want drone at all since its my new daily
thanks for letting me know! :biggrin:

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

exhaust drone comes from too much space in the exhaust pipes with not enough engine output to keep the gas velocity up and the exhaust pulses (and thus sound wave fronts) moving along nicely, so as long as you stick to stock pipe size you should not have any issues with it.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”