2007 Infiniti M35 A Few New Owner Questions

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
davec69
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35 Base

Hello all, recently joined. I recently picked up a one owner 2007 M35 Base with 136k on the clock. Was looking for one with lower miles, but the previous owner really took such great care of the car. Dealer serviced since day one. Complete binder with every service record. The car runs and drives great. I just have a few questions, which I'm hoping can be answered here.

1. I'm thinking to upgrade the brakes and rotors on the car, and wanted to get opinions on these kits (probably Chinese) available on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Rot ... SwkWFdNccU

2. Aslo, I notice that the accelerator pedal requires quite a bit of pressure to accelerate. Is this normal? I'm coming off a 2016 Malibu Turbo, which required very minimal foot pressure. Is there anyway to adjust pedal pressure on the M35?

3. Thirdly, I wanted to find out if anyone has managed to get Android Auto Play added to the 2007 model. I'm guessing that would require a complete new radio?

macgiver

1) Those ebay parts very popular , many bites , 'cept , my opinion they're a DOWNGRADE not an upgrade.
2) Gas pedal - you may put several rubber bands in the right spot (@ pedal , not in hot engine)to offset the heavy factory "spring" , eases much of the initial tension then slacks off a WOT .
3) I'm too old to know what the hell Android Auto whatever is . Those things are tantamount to toilet paper to me,sorry.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

1) Quite a few of us in here use those BrakeMotive parts. Even my service rep at the dealer says they are MUCH higher quality and heavier than OEM. In fact, the mechanic who installs my sets has upgraded his Infiniti. They are definitely NOT a downgrade. I'm on my fifth set including my '07 m35(deceased) , '09 M35, and '17 Q60. My service rep wanted to try them but they aren't available for his model.
MacGiver is 100% correct - the majority or part sold on Ebay (non OEM) are very poor quality and not worth buying. BrakeMotive is a rare exception. When your kit arrives you will be pleasantly surprised at how robust and thick the rotors are. The pads have never squeaked, and 'seem' to last longer than the pads supplied by Inifniti. You will get 4 new rotors and pads for less than the dealer cost of a brake job without rotors at the dealer.

2) There was a recall on the gas pedal for the 2007 M's. The dealer should be able to confirm if it was performed.

3) Some members have modified or added gizmos to the sound system. I am not one of those so I can't advise.

macgiver

Larz absolutely correct , and like anyone else here that has a specific Brand / experience is the kind of "tested" & informed suggestions . The true generaliztion of ebay stuff= "ordinarilly bad" must be balanced w/true and factual tips like his , experienced knowledge that BrakeMotive be good.

CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

For brakes, keep to known brands like Centric. They maintain things like the internal OEM vane design of a rotor. Things a Chinese company could care less for.

Because these cars have drive-by-wire the gas pedal sensitivity is completely adjustable via software. Nissan/Infiniti ECUs have a few options for this. It takes upwards of 1k to have this done via a tune. Transmission is also tuneable.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”